pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yeah, well,you suck! We can`t ride yet.Still hungover,uh ,I mean too much snow ,yeah that`s it ,too much snow!

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
:laugh:

Ok, we went up and down the sand hill, Kiwi took us on a jersey-shredding trail, Tree had a father-and-son moment on a downhill, dingoe dinged his knee, and I think we all had a good time.

Ok, someone jump in with a real report. In the meantime, here are the pics.

Phelan Photos

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Great pics Jake! It was a good day all round - good to meet new folks too.

plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
HA HA HA.... I love the "Monster" pic.

It was nice to put some faces with screen names. Now if I can only get real names and screen names lined up. I'm already looking forward to going back and doing some more riding there sometime. The dirt was nothing short of awsome! Damp and soft with very little dust all day. Of course when your doing 5 mph through the manzanita tunnles, that didn't mater much.

All around it was a fun day of play riding with some great guys, what more can you ask for.

deano... (The Monster)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You haven't experienced a Bundy, make your own trail, ride yet. Now THAT is the meaning of fun! Sorry I missed it, just couldn't pull it together to get there on time. Another ride is in the near future, stay tuned....

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Yup, we went ridin’ motersickles, and gosh by golly, it sure wuz fun. Ther wuz mud puddles tu splash thru and everthin’. An I’m gonna have even more fun nex tam (you no wut we do tu feller’s on yella bikes)

Hyuck, hyuck.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Great pics Jake. It was a fun day of riding. Once Tree Jr. got his new motocycle going we took off thru the brush. Some of those bushes tried to knock me off the bike.

After lunch at the Mt. Top Cafe we started to follow Eel on some trails. Tree Jr. was looking a little tired trying to stay on top of his new ride, so we headed back to trucks. We look around and theres Jr. riding and jumping his new ride. I think he was just tired of those billy goat trails.

Eric, Jake and I did one more loop. I was going as fast as I could to try and keep up with those two. The only reason I could keep up was that they did not know the way back.

We need Placelast to go on theses rides. He does the best ride reviews.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
well, well....

i went to race this weekend, and after 10 mins of practise had burnt out my clutch- i rode the second practise on someone elses bike and crashed so after that i called it a day!

sounds like you guys had fun, good to hear dingoe getting out to meet the clan and holeshot back out riding.

sorry i missed the ride, i promise i will be out on the trails at some point, ive just got two bikes to fix now!!!

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Guys thanks for the ride. Sorry I missed out on the rest of the day. Looks like I'm going to the Doctors Tues. and with any luck will have an MRI ordered soon. My knee swelled bad last night and based on info from others, it looks like I did a number on the ACL. My buddy has had both knees worked on and he check me out this morning and it's not good. So it's time to see the doctor.

Hope to make it next time and you can bet (funds providing), I'll have knee braces.

Jake, Photos look good, thanks for shooting.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Kiwi:

i thought you said you bought a 525???? that looks like an 80! :laugh:

113788039InEKYx

plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
dingoe said:
Looks like I'm going to the Doctors Tues. and with any luck will have an MRI ordered soon... looks like I did a number on the ACL.

Bummer dingoe, sounds much worse than when I hurt mine. I straped a soft brace on and limped around for a few months. I'm giving some serious thought to investing in some good riding knee braces also.

Hope all goes well with the doctor, we'll pray that it's just a sprain!

deano...

tator

Feb 17, 2004
Thanks everyone, for turning me on to a new riding place. I don't think we could of asked for better weather or soil conditions,although I can't remember the last time I actually had mud and not just dust on my bike.Dingoe,all you need is half a roll of duct tape on that knee and you'll be riding again.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Tator, I'll need some popsicle sticks too, then I'll be in check. I hope to go and get it looked at. That way I know what I'm dealing with. From there I'll just do some rehab using my bicycle, etc. And from now on ride with the sticks/duct tape and deal with it as long as I can.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
looks like i missed a good one, quite a few showed up too!
so.... how does tree jr like the new scoot?
tree jr tired!! i bet he was playing possium, he just wanted to get away from you old farts and do some jumping :laugh:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
A great day. Weather was perfect, dirt was even better. We had a good group and I gotta give props to Braxton ... first day on a newer, bigger bike and he never even flinched ... and, yes, it's apparent he does like to jump ! Some highlights for me were getting smoked by Thumbs and his KTM 200 on the sandhill, making it up a climb opposite the sandhill that I had never managed to get up before, and the 20 or so mile blast at the end with Jake and Greg. Oh yeah, I almost forgot me and Greg dicing at 5 MPH stuck in traffic on the 15.

Jake - cool pics ! That camera takes nice pictures ... the ones of Kiwi, Thumbs and Tree tackling the sandhill with that huge scenic backdrop behind them kicks butt !

Looking forward to next weekend ... look for Mello Yello's post here in the wrecking crew forum.

Last edited:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It was a great time guys, as always, when the crew gets together. The crew just keeps getting bigger. There's new faces everytime we ride.

Tree jr. really likes his new bike but he wasn't to fond of the tight manzanita trails or the down hills. He must of had energy when we got back to the staging area because of dirt naps he was taking on the way. :laugh: At this stage he prefers the open desert or the track to the tight and hilly stuff but he'll get there. :thumb: And you guys know that the only reason I took a couple diggers, was to do my part as a great dad and not let jr. feel like he was the only one.

Great pics Jake. It was a blast watching Kiwi wheelie up the sand hill. thanks again for bringing the bike back from Reno Kiwi

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
No prob Tree, thanks to you and Tree Jr. for giving me such a good show on the way back to the truck.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tree - you get the new bike all Cali jetted and running good? I meant to mention to you or Kiwi that I did notice there was a bolt missing from the pipe hanger by the carb. We also 'borrowed' your throttle cable for a bit in Reno :) Hope Jr likes the bike :thumb:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Great report, sorry I missed it, or did I.

I noticed I was in one of the pics from the last ride. :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom