Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I want to ride on Feb 29 as you can only do that once every four years. I need to meet up with Kiwi to get my son's new bike that he is bringing back from Reno so, let's set something up. Is anybody else up for it and do you have some suggestions for location? Phelan maybe, but I'm sure my son's (14yrs.) going to want to go and ride his new bike so it has to be doable for him.

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
I'm up for it. I don't know of many locations up there unless we went to the same place you guys went to last time. Was that place fairly technical?

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Sounds good Mike. I'm sure you will have fun. There are some tricky sections (sand hill and some of the ridge trails) but you and my son should be fine. I think oldandslo knows the trails that go around these sections.

Steve- You have to arrainge it, since you won't be able to ride at all in March. Have you run it by your bro, also? How was the presidents weekend riding between the two areas?

Anybody else up for it? I drove by there on the way home from Vegas and it looked pretty cold. There's more rain scheduled for this week so the ground should be excellent but I hope it starts warming up by the 29th.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
Have you run it by your bro, also?
i will tell him at work tommarrow, let you know if he's interested
How was the presidents weekend riding between the two areas?
didnt make it over to Ocotillo Wells too many people in camp to pick up and go over but Gordons Wells was fun! Mike {socal} showed up with his ex400, i think he had a good time in the dunes but wants to take the bike with him next time.
weather and company was great. your going to have to go out with us next time.
You have to arrainge it, since you won't be able to ride at all in March
yeah i'll see if i can make it.

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
didnt make it over to Ocotillo Wells too many people in camp to pick up and go over but Gordons Wells was fun! Mike {socal} showed up with his ex400, i think he had a good time in the dunes but wants to take the bike with him next time.
weather and company was great. your going to have to go out with us next time.

I put the 756 on the rear so the bike's ready for softer stuff now. I had a blast at Gordon's. Steve has some good stories to tell. There were a lot of people there. I'm kicking my self for not bringing the bike. I thought the sand was going to be a lot deeper than it was.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
I'd like to ride if I can work it out. Do you all meet off the 15 over by the RailRoad tracks? What time, etc.

I keep an eye out for the details.

thanks
Ed

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Leap-day ride? Methinking: does that mean on the three years when the 29th doesn't show on the calendar, I don't have to ask my wife? No-cost transportation? Forego post-ride bike washing? Whats the meaning of all this?

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
Once again I cant make it due to work. But I wanted to let you all know (well those who know us) The pink machine ripped dads Kaw in the sand drags twice at Gordons. I just wanted to rub it in.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
just to set things straight i let you win :cool: , anyone that can ride a pink bike needs a break. :laugh: and by the way who was taking the sand naps :moon: :laugh: :yeehaw:

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's a possibility, I'll watch the posts and see where you're going. :yeehaw:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Im most likely out, visiting friends out of town. That is unless I can convince them to sit out in the beautiful desert while I ride. :clue:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It looks to be 95% sure we'll head to Phelan, unless someone wants to come up with a better suggestion that's not a much farther drive for use guys from the San Diego area.

I'm waiting on ktmboy to pipe in with his weather reports.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's supposed to rain all week, so they say. That said, it should be nice, wet, sticky and slippery for the weekend ride. Keep an eye on the weather this week and lizard boy will do the same.:)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Tree said:
I'm waiting on ktmboy to pipe in with his weather reports.

I know its still a week away but I just drove through the area. Its raining below the pass and bright blue skies above. It looks like it rained at some point up there. It just finished hailing in Fontana. The forecast calls for rain through Thursday and partly cloudy for Sunday.

At this point Im working Saturday and Sunday. If we finish up Sat I would like to join you guys.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It rained up here pretty good wednesday, then it rained Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday! I don't think the ridges can get too much rain because they're so sandy, so it's all good.
I'll be watching snow levels as they seem to be dropping right now! :eek:

Top Bottom