Lem update and clutch question....

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I had the chance to see the kids get their new bikes on Sunday. There is nothing quite like the feeling of watching the little ones say..."is that mine???"

The two entry level bikes did very well. There was an issue with the R3. The clutch did not work properly. The rpm's of the bike would go like crazy, but the machine would not go anywhere. Riding time on the bike was 2 1/2 hours. The bike is at the point where it will not even move. The engine starts, but the clutch will not kick in.

I looked at the other forum and it recommended some sort of jig to adjust the clutch. Is this going to be necessary?

Thanks for any and all replies. The bikes do not belong to me, but I know a 5 year old that would be very happy if I can help!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
if you use the original clutch then ys you will need the jig eventually. But in the mean time you can pull the little plug on the side and you will see 4 flat blade adjustments. Rotate them all an equal amount counterclockwise. This will decrease the rpm at which the clutch engages. You can go down fairly low. This bike should be set up to hit around 4-5K rpm and for a serious racer could be set a little higher.
the key is to just to make sure that you set the shoes up equally. If you do not take the assembly apart the jig is not neccassy, assuming it was set up properly the first time.
The entry level bikes should have the 2 shoe clutch i believe...I;m not totally up on the Non cobra air cooled Morini motors though. If you take a pic of the clutch then i can tell you which ones are installed.

Top Bottom