MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Re: seniority clarification

Originally posted by rickshaw
let's set the record straight here with the age thing.

Mark W is our most experienced full time rider, followed by my comrade FredT and myself.

Technically, Circuit Rider is our most mature part time rider.

Anyone else eager to share their "seniority" :confused:

Rickshaw

Whoa there guys!! You thought I'd miss this thread from my trip to Hilton Head? I made it back early (messed up on the condo setup - missed keeping Friday open!)

Better check the profiles Rick! I hate to say it (OK, I don't hate to say it), but you and Fred have me beat!

I'm debating on the trip to Leota, may see you. I need to let the cold shock settle down a little!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Leota is a no go for me. Decided to go snowmobile racing in the up instead of foola round with ice. Ice and a 5 hunny dont mix so well. ;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OK Ben

Originally posted by bwalker
Leota is a no go for me. Decided to go snowmobile racing in the up instead of foola round with ice. Ice and a 5 hunny dont mix so well. ;)

Hook up with us for another ride sometime. I'd like to see your bike.
FT

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
I just saw Tim and Tom Dixon, we are planning to meet at the BK in Harrison at 8:30 tomorrow.
The snow in the open areas is non existent and the sand is actually soft (no frost). The covered areas have a dusting of snow, but some of the whoops have ice in them. I normally have little good to say about quads, but they do break up the ice and make it easier to see. There is one section of trail that we will avoid because on two occasions I did not see the ice. I only when down once.
FYI. The easiest way to find the trail head is to take M61 West out of Harrison. There are plenty of signs until you get to the trail head. However, the sign at the road for the trail head has been knocked down. After turning right in Leota, the road will turn to gravel, after a couple of miles there will be a dead end road to the left, the road is curving to the right (35 mph sign) and there is pink ribbon on the telephone pole on the left.
I hope to see everybody on the trail.

Mike

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
To whom it may concern,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood !!!!!!!

Leota Mall is open, bright sunshine, snow, mud, ice and a few patches of beautiful moist Michigan sand for traction (once in a while)...

I checked in on the guys on my way back to EL and it sure looked like fun !!!!!

The Old Circuit Rider

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well...

we unloaded the bikes in Leota, rode a few miles of ice, snow and a little dirt. Many crashes, broken levers, yard sales in the trees so we headed back to the trail head for lunch. We loaded the bikes again and went to Gladwin where we had zero ice and snow, just real nice dirt. We rode probably 35 more miles (52 total for the day) and had a blast. WE HAD FUN!

Looking forward to seeing all at the "Rites of Spring" in May!
FT

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We ran into the same problem last year...ice, snow and deep water.
The lesson to be learned is when planning a trail ride in April...ALWAYS have a back up plan. Thanks Fred - great idea!!
I will be writing a new post about a trail ride in a couple of weeks. I am not organizing it, but I promised to advertise.
See you on the trail!!!

Mike

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
After 18 hours in a car with 3 kids, I just couldn't make myself get up and meet you guys in the morning. Sounds like you had a blast, but the trail conditions weren't the type and old geezer like me would want to break in a new bike.

I went to Cedar Creek in the afternoon - all clear of snow and whooped up as usual. But what a place to dial in my suspension. By the time I got done with adjustments, the forks are perfect, and the rear behaves a lot more. I'm stoked about this bike, should've switched years ago!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Mike Sr.,
Um, O-R-A-N-G-E...... an '02 250EX/C! Besides superb suspension and handling, I've lost 60 pounds of bike weight as well. And you'd be surprised how much gyroscopic effect I'd get from the 400 4 stroke. This thing squirts quickly!

Hope to see you soon!

Hiller

May 22, 2001
My wife and I had a great time riding Saturday. Great idea to drive to Gladwin Fred.
Just wanted to say thanks to the WR rider (I missed your name) for the massive roost in the mud hole. I think all of that mud is going to clog my driveway drain when I wash my bike! ! ! !
See y'all at the Rites of Spring, or sooner....
Mike

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Fellow Spodes; great ride on Saturday. Thanks to our new trail scout CRB for the head's up on Gladwin. Of course thanks to FredT for the sales pitch!

Great to meet michman and his buddy, two extremely classy guys :p

Looks like I won't make the Rites of Spring, sister's birthday party.

See some of you at the Dome???

Rickshaw

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Hiller,
Sorry about the roost, I told you it was thought it was Tom, I guess there was just to much orange
Any way it was great to be the ROOSTER instead of the ROOSTIE for a change. Had a great time, look forward to doing it again.

Hiller

May 22, 2001
Don, I look forward to chasing you around the woods again. Next time, I'll be looking ahead for mud holes! I guess if you meant to roost Tom, then by rights, I should get a FREEBIE Roost on Tom, He He He....
See you at the next ride.
Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think we should give Tom the new nick name of Roostie. I know I will be aiming at him on our next ride. I owe his little brother some dirt in the face as well. Watch your back BOYS!!!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
All of you are just jealous of the younger "kids" who roost, or excape from the roost. :p It just depends on who you are talking about. At the next ride I'm going to wear my old gear since I'm on so many hit lists. And Mike Jr. quit your :whiner: !!! :confused:

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Howdy All,
Just wanted to take a second and say a big thanks for the ride last Saturday. Had a great time and big laughs. Hope to see you all again in the future. Also sorry to so soon after the ride but I was to darn hungrey to wait much longer. Take care.

Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mike,
It was great to meet you. I do not remember your friend's name (please remind me). I am sure I will be seeing more of you in Lansing this summer. Enjoy your last month in Cannondale world.

MM

P.S. Rick, Chris, Fred and I did stop to eat, but we headed east (not west). Wrong direction for you. Did you stop at the Wooden Shoe or west of Gladwin?? :p

Top Bottom