Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Clicker

Just making Weld-its post clickable

This is a cool idea, think about how crowded it could get though. Oh and the noise! :scream: couple dozen YZF's in an enclosed space ohhh momma!

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
This would be easier and cheaper to do in an industrial area

With all the steel mills that have closed in the last 20 yrs, there are acres and acres of vacant buildings available in the 'Rust Belt.' Noise and smoke problem? Ever been close to a steel mill? Dirtbikes are petty in comparison. And the buildings are HUGE.

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
An old K-Mart would probably be just right for an indoor trials course. Hills, valleys, skywalks, gravel creekbottoms, boulders---the works. Could make trials pretty popular.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
If you're serious about this, you should consider the marketing opportunities to help offset the cost. Put together a nice package about the facility you're creating, how you're supporting local riders, etc. and pitch it to the major bike makers. You could go as far as selling the naming rights to the facility, like pro sports teams are doing now....the Suzuki Sports Complex or the KTM Dome.

You could also have smaller packages for advertising space inside the place. For a fee, a sponsor could supply banners/signs and have them posted at a specific area for a specific period of time (3 months/6 months?).

You could even produce a real basic weekly flyer and sell ad space on that. This could be handed out to everyone that enters the facility. You'd probably get some local bike shops to advertise in that since it's going directly into the hands of people who ride.

My Marketing background just kicked in, so I thought I'd offer some suggestions to help pay the rent. Good luck!

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by tx246
the upside of the fire sprinkler system is using a similar rig to water the surface to keep dirt down......lights and utilites are way higher than residential rates too....these types of buildings would be perfect for flat track, new style 50mx, trials, as well as mx.

the fire system could be rigged to "sprinkle" without sounding the alarm at the fire dept, you can put skylights in, and you can put different pits in different dept. store rooms. you could also build a R/C track on the floor, cover it with plywood, and build MX, Trials, and flattrack on top, then just use an endloader to clean/move it. or, R/C track in a dpt. store room, Kart track to be blocked off in a corner or around the whole facility. i don't know how strong the roofs(sp?) are, but a kart track and R/C track would fit comfortably on the roof of a walmart. i would suggest a MX track on top, but if you overjump a double and end up attempting to use the parking lot as a landing ramp, i believe it would be just a tad painful. :eek:

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
the best building would be a giant warehouse in an industrial area, or an old Grochery facility like COSCO very ver high ceelings 3 story high ceilings and they have those large dome lamps all over the cieling so excilent lighting and most have big vents at the top, one must would be however is requiring riders to use a low smoke pre mix ift would cut down on smoke accumulation inside the building..... it is a great idea and could host riding clinics, birthday parties spechial events as well as races, just think YEAR round riding in a temperture controlled building even when its raining!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom