JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Well if you ever need anyone to go boating Fireman is a great partner. He can bail like an SOB at the first sight of water! We had a good 2.5 hour ride. We got started late since Trigger had a great idea of stopping off at RAC office so I could pick up my permit (#1065) while we waited for the rain to taper off and temps to come up a bit. It stopped raining just after we started riding, it was misting a bit while we were suiting up. We got out pretty far on the South side of Burma just free-styling mixing up big trails, quad track and single track and were closer to New Philly than St Clair when I noticed water dripping from my bike when we stopped to check out a single track lead in that dropped down into a hollow. I watched it a bit thinking it was just water but it just kept going. I put my hand under it and it was hot. Could not for the life of us both figure out where it was coming from but it was coolant so I topped it off from my camel back and we did a GPS and compass check and made our way back to Burma road via the town of St Clair as my dead reckoning land nav got us a bit to far West on the way back and we ended running into the South side of town.
I sure could have used Fireman to bail the leaking coolant back into my bike so he was missed :fft:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday 5/5 10:30am ready to ride

Weather is starting to look better for the weekend and I will be riding Saturday. Looks like Steve, Buddy, Dror and I.

Anyone else interested?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday 5/26 10:30am ready to ride

Looks like I will be riding Saturday for sure and if there is a room available I might stay over for the rac on Sunday but as of now everything is booked in the area. We will be at Berma rd ready to ride 10:30am. Andrew you coming? Nick you're welcome to join us,

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I'm in....Ready to ride at 10:30am. Who/what do I look for in the parking lot?
I'll most likely be riding in, so you'll see me come out of the riding area into the parking lot, not from up the street. Look for short/fat dude on a yellow DRZ.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Thanks for a great ride today. Hopefully I didn't slow you guys down to much. I know by that last by the tower I was beat. After I bailed I went over to Walmart to cool of in subway and have a bite to eat. I called the wife and she was around the corner. She followed me bacl to my camper. I couldnt get the bike to go more then 35-40 mph and the clutch would just slip. Looka like I'll be ordering a clutch next week and checking the rekluse setup . I had the rekluseput on and I put the clutch in about 8 years ago. I foind out today iws supposed to checking clutch plate gap over the years. I never checked anything after getting it put in.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
You didn't slow us down and we also had a great time. After you left we did two more sections or about another 10 miles then I started to hear the thounder coming in so headed back to the truck and loaded up just before the rain. Get your bike fixed and let us know when you like to come out again.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday 6/2 Jeep Dave Invitational

Going to be riding out of Jeep Dave's backyard for the 3rd running of the Invitational. Should be a great day weather wise and I can't wait to see that area again. North Jersey Sussex County. Right now it looks like Dave, Buddy maybe Drew and I.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Sorry, you're not allowed up here :nener:

Theres lots of good riding up here in morris/sussex/warren counties as long as you know where to access the areas. Enjoy the ride.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Dan, we do but always interested to trade secrets. Want to join us? We'll be going in through the Oak Ridge area around 10am just off 23. If you're interested I'd be willing to give you the address in a PM.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Really enjoyed the ride in North Jersey and it's still hard to believe that it's so close to me. Most of it is posted no Treaspassing so beware if you go. We did just over 40 miles and some of the views were outstanding. There were a few hill climbs that were challenging but for the most part it is a way easier ride then the coal company.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow 8/11

Looks like the weather will be good and I need to get out. Right now it's Dave, Steve and I. Ready to ride 10am

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
8/18 Ready to ride 10:30am

Anyone still checking this site? Looks like Brad, Steve, Dave, Drew and I right now. How about the rest of you?

Top Bottom