Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
I propose that several of us each pick a favorite trail and offer to show it to others. This could be fun! I would like to pick Rowher Flats. It is between L.A. and Palmdale. It has lots of hills (read mountain :D) and turns.

------------------
It is allright to be afraid. Ya just can't let fear dictate your actions.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'm not much on trails (prefer tracks), but the best I've ridden were near Divide, Colorado. Wet decomposed granite is like riding on glue...and the scenery was wonderful.

Now if we're talking tracks...it's TNT near Chester, SC. (But that's just because I can usually make a full lap without falling over.)

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
I forgot to mention that almost any day is good for me. I live about one hour southwest of Rowher. Perhaps some could meet at my place.

------------------

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
My favorite is at hwy 15 and 138. Best part is I am only 15 minutes away. In by 7am and home by noon.

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
RMjeff' I will show you mine if you will show me yours.:,

------------------

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
RMjeff- would that happen to be the one that runs the ridges parallel to 138 towards Phelan? Or are you talking the other way, towards Silverwood? I was just on the Phelan leg last weekend, but I've never been the other leg. I here it's pretty good.My kind of ride; tight and steep!
Rogue- Rohwer Flats was my old stomping ground, before I moved to the Dez. Again, steep and tight, just how I like it. I'd like to suggest one other favorite, but it's a bit frosty there yet-it's more of a summer trail-it's motorcycle only, and runs from the back side of Silverwood up to Lake Arrowhead. Sometimes steep, definately tight, and beautiful scenery! Ride on!

------------------

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
KTMboy- Yes... You park under the RR tracks then ride the ridge towards Phelan. Used to be able to get to the west side of silverwood from the same staging area but I think they have closed the trail that crosses 138.

I would like to do the Arrowhead run again. We used to park up off Hook Creek Rd and go in through that stream crossing. I havent been up there in at least 6 months.
------------------

[This message has been edited by RMjeff (edited 04-07-2001).]

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
rained here this a.m.- Had honey-does,so I may sneak out tomorrow for a couple hours. By the way RMjeff,I'm also 15 minutes away--15 minutes of powerline, single-track,sand washes......half the fun is getting there!

------------------

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer:
I'm not much on trails (prefer tracks), but the best I've ridden were near Divide, Colorado....

Were you in Divide for a Spodefest two summers ago when it rained a bit? I'm beginning to think we've met.

Agreed about the Divide trails. We liked it so much that we're moving to nearby Woodland Park in May. 'Gotta be close to the trails, right?

------------------

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
I like the Divide, CO area also. Has anyone tried Idaho City, Idaho? It is fantastic advanced level trail riding in mountainous forested terrain. There are several hundred miles of trail in the immediate area and connections to thousands more. Boise Ridge Riders hosts an ISDE Qualifier race there each year in June. Here is a link to their page. http://allradwien.com/~kjhbrr
Try it sometime.

Jerry

------------------
Old guy who putts around behind the KX_kid on a '00 WR400FM,

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Okay, maybe it was great riding buddies and great memories, but, Rampart. Powerline to trail 1, stop at Sprucewood, the trail behind Sprucewood to top of the world..... :)

------------------
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer:
Yep! A picture of the family from the week is... Did we meet?

HA! We were never formally introduced (it was kinda raining), but ya'll really do look familiar! My friend Sara and I had never heard of DRN or spodes or spodefests at that time. We just kinda wandered into camp and then rode with some really great folks over the next couple of days. 'Been hanging out with spodes ever since!

sgr- Powerline at Rampart is very cool! Shoot, by the time ya get to the Sprucewood, yer so hungry for those big 'ol buritos that they even taste great! :D

------------------

Top Bottom