Lets talk Estart, looking for enduro bike

DMcCoy

Sep 24, 2009
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5 foot 11, 165 lbs no gear
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? I'd say moderatly
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Plan to ride woods / trails / and MX, all for fun not competing
4) Do you have any riding experience? 3 years street bike / motards
5) Do you think you will race ? Eventually harscrambles
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I'll be doing all my own work, I am mechanically inclined
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? No Brand preference, only estart
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? No, will be doing everything myself
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? ~2000, max of 2500
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 29
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

So I've been doing alot of research on what bike to get. I currently have a drz400sm and decided I need a bike dedicated to dirt. I have a bum right knee so I think kick starting will cause me difficulty. So I want estart. I also don't want a bike that I will quickly grow out of.

So far, I have in my list of possibilities wr250f and crf250x.. I wouldn't mind a 2stroke but I'm not sure which have estart? Most exc models?? Any other suggestions?

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The WR250F would be a great bike to start off on.

If/when you get serious about racing harescrambles you will probably want to upgrade to a 450 but the 250 should serve you well for a number of years.

KTM has several electric start two strokes but I doubt you would find one in your price range as KTM tends to cost a bit more.

You may have to search for a while to find a good WR250F for less than $2500. If you could raise your budget another $500 or so you would be better off.

Rod

Top Bottom