KTMrad

Mar 20, 2001
(Please note Sierra Club e-mail address at bottom, in case you too, would
care to write them)

http://www.sierratimes.com/02/06/25/edtt062502.htm

An Open Letter to the Sierra Club By Tina Terry, Ranch Hand and Potential Fire Victim

Published 06. 25. 02 at 2:12 Sierra Time

Dear Sierra Club,
I have an urgent environmental concern, and your web site gave this address
as the place to which to express it.
In the Arizona Republic this morning, Arizona Senator Jon Kyl is quoted as
saying that the Forest Service spends 40% of its budget on litigation with
"environmentalists" such as the Sierra Club, etc., who have pressured
Congress not to spend money on controlled burns and other forest-clearing
methods. Other western governors have echoed these sentiments.
Bottom line: Thanks to you and your fellow destructive eco-Nazis and the
catastrophic forest-management policies for which your litigious
strong-arming has been responsible, soon there won't be much of a forest to
preserve here in Arizona any more. The fire has already consumed over
500,000 acres of the largest stand of Ponderosa pine trees in the world, and
is zero percent contained. Soon where there was a beautiful forest, with
elk, deer, bear, cougars, javelina and much other wildlife living there,
there will be nothing but a desolate, lifeless, blackened wasteland, with
soil cooked to a glaze by the fire, so that water will have a hard time
penetrating, and we shall expect serious erosion and floods.
I want to know what you're doing or planning to do for the millions of wild
animals that have been killed or displaced by your despicable, murderous,
ANTI-ENVIRONMENT policies. I'm pretty sure you don't care about all the
human beings who have lost their homes and livelihoods - I suspect you're
overjoyed that so many humans are suffering and homeless, but I do find
myself wondering: What are your plans for the hundreds of thousands of
blackened wasteland where forests used to stand? And what about all those
animals about whom you have so loudly professed to care so deeply - poor,
innocent critters who are now terrified, dead or displaced because of you
and your policies?
I want you to know that I second this excellent proposal and that if I were
you, I'd stay the hell out of this part of the country for a while - there's
a major lynch-mob mentality around these parts whenever your name comes up.
Tina Terry - Payson Arizona (which may go up in flames at any moment due to
the ill-health of our forests, thanks to you and your evil lawsuits and
environmentally destructive agenda.)

You may voice your opinon to the Sierra Club at:
environmental911@sierraclub.org

© 2002 SierraTimes.com (unless otherwise noted)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
that's just the kind of letter they don't want to read, but it's nothing but stone cold truth. Thanks for posting.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I hope they sent that to someone that will take it to heart, I have a feeling that was deleted before it was completely read.

Too bad, great letter

ArmPump

Mar 12, 2002
She's right on with the greenies mucking up the forest service. Gee, what did the forest service do before the greenies came around? Maybe maintain the forests? Nah, can't be!

The major fire area is about 120 miles from here and we're getting the smoke. It sucks because everything is closed to riding unless you drive 6 to 8 hours. It's terrible to see the destruction on the news and know it'll never be the same there.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Nice letter, too bad they're just too thick-headed to read and understand it. Maybe it should be forwarded to some major newspapers in the western U.S. where everyone could see it.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by Gary B.
Maybe it should be forwarded to some major newspapers in the western U.S. where everyone could see it.

Very true! It is not the enviros we need to get through to, it is the politicians who are swayed by them and allow laws to be passed. These are the same politicians (unfortunately) who are now crying how could this have happened. I am very sour when it comes to our lawmakers, because it appears they are not for the people, they are for who is donating the most $$$. Our Country is becomming a joke from these liberal lawmakers. I mean can you even believe that the Pledge of Allegiance is now at risk!!!?? These are the people who frighten me. Sorry, I will get off the box now.. :think:
Lew

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Keep in mind, the Senator from Arizona, Jon Kyl has been on all the news station stating these truths! :cool:

What do I say about it...

I am truely saddened for all the people who have been uprooted by this fire, and for the loss of wild life. Not to mention the many years it will take for these lands to regain their beauty. Watching all of this everyday brings a tear to my eye. But, in the end, this fire may end up being one of the best anti cactus hugger statements that could have been made. For that, I'm extremely glad!! Hoo Raa!!

OOh nice point of view, maybe we should burn all the greenies that would slow down a fire.

Have you ever heard the old saying. " Sometimes it's better to keep ones mouth shut, and look like a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt!

Last edited:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
This is the third thread I've read were DrtBkr has removed all doubt

spiderbaby

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by singletracker500

Have you ever heard the old saying. " Sometimes it's better to keep ones mouth shut, and look like a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt!

Originally posted by JPIVEY
This is the third thread I've read were DrtBkr has removed all doubt
DO you guys realize DrtBkr is 15 years old? The child is angry about what he sees as both hurtful to nature and his way of life. At least he has some sort of an opinion even if it is misguided at times. I believe that we at least out to help each other understand the situation and ways to combat/relieve it by other means than these remarks. I agree we shouldnt round up all the greenies and burn them ;) but to basicaly say that he is a fool is just wrong. Explain to him why education is so important, because these very same "greenies" are by demographics more educated (school, not sense) as a whole than alot of groups. They do know how to manipulate the law and they do understand that you need to fight together as a group. I loathe the Sierra Club and its members and the only way to defeat such rampant extremists is with the very law that they use against us. Go to school DrtBkr, go to school do well and help make a difference within our country that you I and all the others on this board love so much.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
spiderbaby,

I agree with what you said, to a degree. But being here, and seeing what this fire is doing to this beautiful state, all who live here, and knowing why this thing has gotten out of control, I have very little tolerance at this time for those who speak up when they know absolutely nothing about what they're talking about. 15 or 50!

spiderbaby

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
I see what you mean. And really i didnt mean to get up on a box I just know that 15 year olds pretty much dont have a clue ;) I know I didnt.

His posts were "nuked" so I couldnt read them except the one that was quoted. Yea, it was just a reaction reply.

When I read this thread it just came off a little harsh to a 15 year old kid. I didnt realize he had posted similar replies. Maybe he will see that topics like these are very important to most of us and in time will see that they are important to him.

Also I took his reply to mean 'burn all the greenies' which is not nice or condoned but I could look you in the eye and say Ive never thought the same. ;)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
My favorite quote in that whole CNN article...
Don't come up here in designer clothes and an SUV and tell me you love the woods. There's no more trees to hug.
For years GAGS (Green Advocacy Groups) have trampled over people in an attempt to save nature. Many people I knew in the logging industry had their lives turned upsidedown due to the spotted owl. Granted, I didn't like seeing a mountainside scarred by clearcutting, but the controlled harvest of timber is a crucial part of proper forest management.

The really sad part is the GAGS will probably turn this into a spin that people should not be living in forests where they can lose their home due to wild fires. Next thing you know insurance companies won't insure homes in the woods, etc., etc. :|

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Like many scooter pilots, I hate to see the forset distroyed by fire. As many have mentioned in earlier posts, the GAGs have made effective use of the media in their fight. We need to accept the fact that they are well educated and provide a very effective sound bite for the liberal media that currently exists in America. Perhaps the only method for us to use against them are thair own tactics.
Can we not ban together? Over the last 30 years that I have been riding, the closure of lands has been a constant threat. The internet may have finally provided the avenue for us (the unwashed masses) to effectively counter the dribble spewed by the greens.
The politicians ONLY answer to voters and perhaps more importantly votes. We have got to make it clear that there are enough of us to make a difference.
Regarding the kid .... I agree that education is the answer. Way too many people alive today have never been taught the process of coming to a decision. But, remember, maybe the kid in onto something. Maybe the green goo left after we torch them would be flameproof! :D

Top Bottom