JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
what kind of levers do you guys like best?

do you think a lever that bends back, up, and down is necessary?

i was thinking of going with a pair of arc levers

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I've been looking into the ASV unbreakable handles. But I don't know if they're worth the 180 dollars that they cost for my bike.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
thats wat i was thinking 150rguy. i have heard that even though they are good they arent worth the price. thats why i was looking at arc levers

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Arc and asv are basically the same design which was origonated by ARC. We run the ASV on all our bikes- If you really want to race competitively you do not want to be sidelined by a broken lever. Yes they cost more so we move them to new bikes when we upgrade (unless we are selling to a friend then he gets them). $180 a set??? Have never paid more then $40 a set (including perches). The secret- go to evil bay and shop the ASV store. They have reconditioned for cheap and every one we have gotten is as good as any new ones we used to get from them under a sponsorship.

One word of caution they are not indestructible so carry along your old stockers for extreme emergencies. Over the years we have broken a couple but the have always warrantied them and last time even sent a couple repair kits with the repaired lever so we could do it ourselves right at the track.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i thought only 4t's used a hotstart? and what exactly is a hotstart?

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
Instead of spending $60 just to break an " unbreakable lever", do your self a favor and buy some bark busters, you will never break a lever again, guarenteed. I got the moose handguards for about $55 and they are easy to install.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
02yz426f said:
Instead of spending $60 just to break an " unbreakable lever", do your self a favor and buy some bark busters, you will never break a lever again, guarenteed. I got the moose handguards for about $55 and they are easy to install.
I have some, but when Iamb racing mud get stuck between the handlebars and the busters, so its hard to pick up.
I think hot start like blasts the cylinder with cold air.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
hot start changes the air/fuel mixture, it makes it leaner. The cold start/choke richens the air/fuel mixture. And you guessed it, the hot start is used when the bike is hot.

Top Bottom