mkdirt

Dec 24, 2003
Anyone out there got some good quotes to pass along??? Here is one "Tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death". Got one more, "Continue to think the way you have always thought, continue to get what you allways got", I'm sure we have all used this one "There is no such thing as a bad day of riding".

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Two of my favorites...

"If you don't ask, the answer is 'No'."

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate."

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
*When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with the experience gets the money and the man with the money gets the experience.

*If you have enough money to buy your way out of a problem, you don't have a problem.

*Sex is just like air. It ain't no big deal unless you aren't getting any.

B

biglou

"Your momma's so fat, when she looks up, the back of her neck looks like a pack of hot dogs." :confused:

mkdirt

Dec 24, 2003
I wasn't going for the mamma thing but here is one anyway!

Your mamma's so fat, here portrait is an arial shot!

Your going down like a two dollar whore!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
My ex-girlfriend is so fat that one time when she was wearing yellow spandex she bent over and the spandex split down the crack of her butt. Three tourists jumped in thinking she was a Yellow Cab.

My ex-girlfriend is so fat we used to take her to the beach and sell shade.

My ex-girlfriend is so fat we would wrap her in antenna wire and pick up radio free Europe.

My ex-girlfriend is so fat we would take her to McDonalds to watch the sign change.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
"I am trying to establish, Your Honor, that Howard - or Colonel Brady - or Charles Darwin - or anyone in this court-room - or you, sir - has the right to think!"

"I must say that "Right" has no meaning to me whatsoever! Truth has meaning - as a direction. But one of the peculiar imbecilities of out time is the grid of morality we have placed on human behavior: so that every act of man must be measured against an arbitrary latitude of right and longitude of wrong - in exact minutes, seconds, and degrees!"

"BRADY: On what grounds? Is it possible that something is holy to the celebrated agnostic?

DRUMMOND: Yes! The individual human mind. In a child's power to master the multiplication table there is more sanctity that in all your shouted "Amens!", "Holy, Holies!" and "Hosannahs!" An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is more of a miracle than any sticks turned to snakes or, the parting of waters! But are we now to halt the march of progress because Mr. Brady frightens us with a fable? Gentlemen, progress has never been a bargain. You've got to pay for it. Sometimes I think there's a man behind the counter who says, "All right, you can have a telephone; but you'll have to give up privacy, the charm of distance. Madam, you may vote; but at a price; you lose the right to retreat behind a powder-puff or a petticoat. Mister, you may conquer the air; but the birds will lose their wonder, and the clouds will smell of gasoline!" Darwin moved us forward to a hilltop, where we could look back and see the way from which we came."

All from my favorite play Inherit the Wind.

Ivan

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
The only freedom that is true, is that of the mind. There are none so imprisoned as those who cannot think for themselves.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
"It's better to burn out than fade away" Kurgan

"Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be prosecuted" Posted on a large 4'x8' sign off of HWY 75 near Glenpool, OK

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

A rich man has many worries. A hungry man has but one.

Have fun, but not at others expense.

The rights that you have are matched by responsibilities.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
It's better to burn out than fade away

HHHmmmm...... I thought that was Neil Young. :think:

Here's another one:

*I once complained that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
"Try not. Do, or do not...there is no try." -Yoda

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
"For every day you spend fishing, God tacks another day onto the end of your life"

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
*You can have anything you want, as long as you want it bad enough.
~Doug Henry at the
end of Greatist Hits

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
"Every man dies, not every man really lives." -William Wallace in Braveheart

"Success is the greatest revenge."--unknown

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end."--Semi-Sonic (from "Closing Time")

"Better to remain silent and thought to be a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."--Mark Twain

"The gene pool could use a little chlorine."--Bumper sticker

"Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value."--Albert Einstein

'I have something to say,it's better to burn out than to fade away... There can be only one' --Kurgans theme - gimme the prize - Queen

Last edited:
B

biglou

I like the "wanting what you have" one. Good stuff. I've heard that before.

Paraphrasing: "I'd rather fail miserably trying to do something really cool and difficult than to succeed at doing something easy." - Jesse James

"Everything in moderation, including moderation." - Confusious (I think)

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Love that Yoda quote, Jaybird. I use it often.

Here's another of my faves:

*It's better to have tried something and failed than to do nothing and be a success.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
One of my favorites

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
My motto:

I don’t always end up where I want to be, but I’ve always ended up where I need to be.

My dad's motto is in my sig

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
"winning isn't everything, wanting to win is."

if i remember correctly that was attributed to jeff emig's dad.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BunduBasher
"Every man dies, not every man really lives." -William Wallace in Braveheart

i heard a similar one in a movie once. it went something like;

"i'm not afraid of dying. i'm afraid of not living."

Top Bottom