Light throttle skip

1Steve

Aug 13, 2002
My KDX220 under a light throttle has a skip. As soon as the engine is under a load, it goes away. The plug looks OK so I do not want to lean it out anymore. I played around with the idle mixture screw and it made no difference. Any suggestion? Thanks!

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Close the air screw down to 3/4 to 1 turn out from full closed and respond if the symtom changed or stayed the same.

1Steve

Aug 13, 2002
I went for a ride yesterday and tried adjusting the idle mixture screw like you said and it did not improve. Next, I richened up the needle jet by one clip and tried it and it was worse. So, I put the needle clip one position further up then I had it and it made a world of differance. The only problem is now I am in the leanest position on the needle jet and it seems like I could go a bit leaner. Is it possiable that I have another problem because the bike is stock other then an airbox mod. It seems odd to me that a stock bike is running rich in the leanest position on the needle jet. Thanks!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…