Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
My '02 KDX 220's lights don't work. It has an Acerbis light on it, with two bulbs. I'm getting 37.5v from the lighting coil to the regulator when the bike is running. Getting nothing to the bulbs. The bulbs are good now, but were blown. Could riding with no load blow the regulator?

Rotor

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
37v AC...which when regulated to DC volts would be about 13.5v DC, if I rmember my high school electronics correctly. I am getting no voltage out of the regulator. I'm guessin the regulator is bad. I got one on ePay for $10.00, so I'll try it when it gets here.

If anyone else out there that can tell me what their lighting coil puts out, the info would be greatlyu appreciated.

Thanks!

Rotor

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
weird....yesterday, the lights started working again! :whoa: I'm still waiting on the regulator to arrive, but I guess I don't need it now. :laugh:

Rotor

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
:nener: You realize there is a little red switch to turn them on and off dont you? :coocoo: LOL, just kidding, Hope everything works out.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Kwakasaki said:
:nener: You realize there is a little red switch to turn them on and off dont you? :coocoo: LOL, just kidding, Hope everything works out.

Actually, mine is switchless. ;)

The previous owner took the switch off and plugged the wires for the switch together. I checked all the connections and wires for open circuits, but didn't find any. I still suspect the regulator.

I hate intermittent electrical problems. :bang:

Rotor

Top Bottom