fergy2

Mar 31, 2004
In it's current form, my 03 250F is still set with the factory settings and springs. It is however a bit harsh for my weight.

Soaking wet I'm 132 lbs and I consider myself an intermedate rider. I'm currently running with a Scott's stabelizer (love it) to take out most of the head shake I was experiencing (not to mention giving my 47 yr old body a break) but know that my springs are too stiff for my weight.
I visited the MX-Tech site and used the "Spring Rate Generator" tool. I was a bit confused with the recommendations that were provided. The tool indicated series that I did not see listed (fork series = 41459xx and shock series = mxt xx/46).

I was also looking at replacing my sons springs on his new 04 YZ125. He weighs in at 103 lbs (wet) and I consider him an intermediate rider. Used the "Spring Rate Generator" tool also and it came up with fork series = 44480xx and shock series = mxtxx/46.

I'd like to replace both these bikes with the recommended spring and shock series for our weights/abilities but not too sure if these are available.

Regard,
Confused in Hollister, Fergy

Aallron

Apr 14, 2004
Have you checked the "Race Sag" yet? If not this is where I would start. Give Race Tech or Pro Circuit a call and they can tell you what it should be.

Top Bottom