Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
muddertrucker said:
I think I read somewhwere that the output on a 01 220 was 60 watts. Am I right or totaly out of er.

I don't know for sure, but my '02 KDX puts out 37v ac to the regulator.

1/2 that, would be 13.5 regulated to dc.

I don't know the wattage limit, but ours was running 70 watts of lights. Will be 85 watts, once we replace the regulator. DON'T RUN THE BIKE WITH NO LOAD ON THE LIGHTING COIL!

It seems you will fry the regulator. If you run with no lights, disconnect the regulator.

JMHO

Rotor

muddertrucker

Aug 24, 2006
My regulator is not the problem....I think. I have my bike set up with a bkake light but now when I press the brakes the front light dims alot. The brake light is approx. 28 watts parking lamp is 8 or 10 and the front light is 25. I tried with an LED light bulb and it works but I can't seem to find one bright enough at a reasonable price.

hart125

Dec 11, 2003
it should be somewhere around 40 stock. baja designs and others sell a 70 watt stator. if you run a larger bulb than stock it will just be dimmer. maybe a little better but it won't keep up at idle or low rpm.. its a pretty balanced system.

muddertrucker

Aug 24, 2006
Thanks, thats way lower than I thought it was. No wonder the headlight dims when I press the brakes, with a regular 1157 bulb at the back I counted just under 60 watts. :whoa:

Top Bottom