Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
Just went riding with my new neck brace. Felt very restrictive when I first put it on but as the salesman said, "you do not notice it while riding" and I did not. I decided to get it after a recent trip to California to attend a wedding. I got the chance to go riding with a friend who had a brace. He got one after wrenching his neck in a crash in the desert. I took four months for his neck to heal completely. So he got a brace. The first time he wore it he had another bad crash. He came over a rise at speed (they go very fast on some of those desert trails) only to find a boulder on the other side. He went over the bars and landed on his head. He said "for a brief moment I could feel the brace working but then I began to tumble and wadded up my knee" no neck injury but now he has knee braces too.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
What kind did you get?

We have Leatt's (Club model) and haven't ridden without them since we got them. It did take a little bit to get use to them, but don't even notice it now and feels weird not to be wearing one.

Last edited:

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I got the Leatt Adventure. Price was reasonable and it adjusted to fit my short neck. I don't have much downward movement of my head with my helmet on but when riding that restriction was not noticed.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Pushin50 said:
I got the Leatt Adventure. Price was reasonable and it adjusted to fit my short neck. I don't have much downward movement of my head with my helmet on but when riding that restriction was not noticed.

I noticed the same thing on my adventure brace. I could use the front deck just a tad lower. But when riding I dont even notice it.

Top Bottom