Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Just go ride it, it's worth the trip.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Nikki, Is the dirt there really as nice as it looks in the pictures? I'm sick and tired of this crappy, sandy, hard-ass southern indiana/ky dirt!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
On a spring or fall race day, with some moisture in the ground, the LTM dirt is very nice! They disc it, then break up the clumps with a harrow. We've incorporated the same grooming technique into our practice track when there is a little mositure in the ground, awesome!

On a day with 400+ riders or tons of quads or hot sun or no moisture, etc., it gets pretty hard packed and one lined. But they try their best to keep the track goomed nice on race day.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
That would work for me! :cool:

(I'm hmmmming what you are hmmmming, Wardy :) )

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm with these guys..... :nod:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The route we took during the HS at dirtweek a few years ago had a mix of everything from tight singletrack to mudd bogs, some smallish hills, to wider roads next to a corn field.

For a guy like me who isn't a hard core woods rider, it was great. But I would imagine those who are woods doctors to want more, or should I say longer. But then, I'm not too sure I saw all that was there to offer. (shrug)

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I was told that they use to prep the track DURING races years ago. The track was so big that they had time to prep the opposite end!haha
My buddy qualified for Loretta's there back in the day. We're gonna go soon I think!!!!

Top Bottom