Line with fuel coming out of it (pictures)

Alex28

Oct 17, 2008

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
That's an overflow line on your float bowl..

Run the open end of it down under your bike just in front of the swingarm pivot.

Alex28

Oct 17, 2008
I know I'm a big noob, but could you explian or post a picture showing where the swing arm pivot is? And do I want the line pointing downwards so fuel can come out or upwards?

Thanks

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
You want the hose pointed downward so that any gas that is in the tube can flow freely out and onto the ground.

Two considerations on how the tube is routed:

1) The tube must NOT be routed so that any part of it is higher than the carburetor

2) The tube should be routed so that it won't get caught in any moving parts nor will it get yanked off by bushes, rocks, etc.

Going back to your original post, the fact that any gas comes out of the tube at all is an indication that your float valve isn't shutting the flow of gas off. If you lay the bike on its side then gas is expected to come out of this hose. If it come out any other time then it could be indicating a faulty float valve.

Sometimes you get a little spec of dirt that holds the float valve open for a bit and it will clear up and go away on its own. If it happens on a regular basis then you should plan on tearing the carburetor apart and replacing the float valve.

Rod

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
rmc_olderthandirt said:
If it happens on a regular basis then you should plan on tearing the carburetor apart and replacing the float valve.

Rod
or adjusting float height

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
Yes when i bought my bike the previous owner didnt clean the air box and the float would stick alot. So i just went through the carb it with carb cleaner and let it soak for a while, then it was fine. When you tip the bike over the gas floods the float area and gas is drained out of that tube.

Top Bottom