linier stack

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
I am not asking anyone for a stack. I saw a rear shock with 2-stage one size shim stack other than the clamping shims.(note this was on the comp. side. reb side was single stage)
1- is there benifits of this type of stack. If so what!
2- what are the drawbacks!

thanks russ

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I did a 89 KX250 shock today and it had a single stage(i think) constant diameter shim stack-weird-not sure how good it rides.
Im also interested in the answers to your question.

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
Marcus I do remember reading a thread where a guy stated he road a bike with a linier stack. he said it was awsome . I looked for that thread but could not find it. I guess I will have to do try one to find out.Sure would be nice to get some feed back on this though.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Mst of the time when i see these types its been for very light moto or tight woods rocks. more low speed damping than high. hold you steady yet sucks up the faster shaft speed stuff .It depends on what use or what kind of bike on a bike with a higher ratio linkage curve it could benefit but on a linkageless bike with a more leanient curve ATK/KTM I would like a more progressive stack or a shock with 2pistons and a dividingrod between them like a PDS .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…