pc kawi148

Jan 17, 2005
When my bike is on a stand, I can pull on the swingarm and there is about 1/4" of play in it. Should I replace the linkage bearings or is it safe to just pack some grease in there?

Thanks

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
with that much play, I am almost sure you have at least one broken linkage bearing. When you pull it apart you will see the ones with worn or broken needles.

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
look at the bottem shock bearing too. have some one move the wheel throughout the play and watch what is moving. with a 1/4 in you should be able to find the culpret easly........happy trails

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I would get a Pivot Works rear shock bearing kit, they are only about $38 for the complete kit and I would also check the swing arm bearings these are a little more expensive abouty $65 for the complete kit. But it is worth it to change them, with that much play in there chances are the bearings will fail very soon if they havent already. When they fail all the loose bearings can wreck some serious havoc. I blew some rear wheel hub bearings and they tore up the end of the hub as well as the axel spacer within a few minutes before I noticed my rear wheel was wobbling all over the place. For a mere $30 I could have replaced them and saved myself a world of headache and a bunch of money but I pushed it one more ride, turned out to be one ride too many. My advice just change them out.

Top Bottom