ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
my connecting linkage roller bearings desperately need changed on the ol' 87 200! Haven't i seen someone post a good place to get these (or should i go straight to my half-wit dealer!?)

thanks...btw thanks to frp finally got the right clutch cable for the 87, wow what a difference, check em out, very helpful!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
All else fails you can get all the pat #'s at buykawasaki.com and order them from ronayers.com

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
ah...ronayers...i believe that is who i was looking for thks wibby

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Check into the Pivot works kits. they come with both the bearings and seals and are a good deal. They will save you some $ over ordering OEM unless you can get dealer cost.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Not banging any particular drum here...it's been said afore, but:

Pivotworks suspension kits are NOT caged bearings. OK, so that means a 'better' bearing in terms of being able to clean the thing (you can remove the rollers), and the rollers are longer (cuz they don't have to machine pin-diameters in to hold 'em in a cage).

If you don't want to have anything to do with having the 'lil rollers coming out, maybe losing one or two of 'em and the subsequent cussing....don't get a pivotworks kit.

AND, the pivotworks kit does NOT come with the bearing for the lower shock mount. THAT is almost a given as far as being a problem.

That said, I bought one!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I dont see what you are talking about bearing differences. i have both the OEm and pivot works bearings. No differences there.

You are correct that you need to order about 3 kits to complete the entire rear end: Swing arm, Shock and linkage kit.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
When you need bearings for anything: machine, car, motorcycle, or whatever take them to a good bearing supply house and describe the use and you will get them faster and easier and be way ahead on money. You have to be old to know this, but bearings have been standardized the world over for many, many years (even prior to WW II -- this is Veterans Day) and really there are not many bearing manufacturers. Any time you buy bearings oem or kits you are investing in overhead & profit for someone making the selection for you.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: standardized bearings

Pretty much. There are still specifics of bearing application that a bearing supply place may not be able to handle. The lower kdx steering stem bearing for example. You can get the bearing, but I've not found a bearing outfit (I've looked) that had the bearing with the seal.

You can use buykawasaki.com to get bearing specs (inside/outside diameters and length). With that info, a bearing dealer should be able to get something that will work.

re: I don't see......

OK. Then pivotworks has changed their bearings. Last year, their kits came with bearings as described (uncaged). I am reminded of that every time I service the linkage.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I tried going to a bearing supplier here in town after I screwed up 2 brand new bearings trying to pound them in. But no luck, metrics are not to popular around here I guess. :silly:

I believe my swingarm bearings were caged but the rest of them were uncaged, I remember this because I kept dropping them on the floor and outside in the gravel, I had to drag a big magnet around to find one! :confused:

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Originally posted by John Harris
When you need bearings for anything: machine, car, motorcycle, or whatever take them to a good bearing supply house and describe the use and you will get them faster and easier and be way ahead on money.

True. But when you buy the PivotWorks kit you also get a neat little sticker that looks good on the toolbox! :laugh:

Top Bottom