raider

May 31, 2001
Has anyone heard anything (good or bad) about the '02 Liquid Cooled 50 senior from Husky? I'm curious as to how they will compare to the KTM. I know that at our tracks the KTM's were hanging with and beating Cobras all year and I'm interested since my son would like to stay with a Husky.

TR

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 17, 2000
Raider, what is your information source ? I was at the Husky dealer last week and he showed me the new 2002 CR50. Still had the same air cooled Morini engine.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
They are posted on the Cagiva website. They will still have the Senior 50 sans radiator, as well as the LC version. I would say they will be just as good as the KTMs. My son had no problem with the KTMs (the LC ones) at our track. But then again, were not talking about professional racers here. I just hope that Husky will keep that lower price that brought me into their shop.:cool:

raider

May 31, 2001
I talked to my dealer yesterday and he's expecting two of them possibly as late as January. He said the price will be $200 less than the KTM, but he didn't have any of the specs at this point. He doesn't know if the motor will be the same as the KTM or not. He said if they still have the motomorini bottom end, he'll probably not sell them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The pumpkin LC's are Beta motivated and produce 2hp more that the Morini's if the Husky is still a Morini bottom end with a retrofitted cooling system I'd say expect some growing pains, the Beta is a bit more proven.

Top Bottom