List of companies trying to shut down riding areas!

Dirtjunkie85

Mar 2, 2010
One of my buddies told me about Camelbak supporting a new national monument in Moab about a month ago that would close millions of acres of riding areas for motor vehicles including dirt bikes, atv’s and utv’s. Once he told me about this I started researching the companies and businesses that are involved in passing this monument to make sure that I wasn’t in any way supporting them.

Here’s the list I found - http://www.scribd.com/doc/113155049/98620649-deaf-49df-ba5a-0f44b2195e58
I also saw this link with a short clip from the news about it - http://fox13now.com/2012/11/13/outdoor-retail-industry-pushes-new-utah-national-monument/

I will no longer be supporting by buying from any of those companies and businesses that are listed to have signed on this monument. I urge you and your families to not support any companies that are in favor of this also. Camelbak, Burton Snowboards and Backcountry.com are some of the biggest names that stick out to me. My old camelbaks have been tossed, I won’t buy another Burton snowboard or purchase from Backcountry.com ever again. Someone also told me that Backcountry.com is the sister company of Motosport.com. with the parent company being Liberty Media. For a company that supposedly promotes and helps recreational vehicles riders it seems pretty hypocritical and shady to me. I think if Motosport has an association with Backcountry.com then someone should complain to Motosport and see where really they stand on this issue, if they could apply pressure to Backcountry.com to reverse their position then that may prove to me that they aren’t in support of this.

This is an important deal where a lot of riders like me could lose our rights to enjoy and ride through some of the most beautiful and rewarding areas in America. This is not one of those deals where the off-road community can lay low and wait it out. We need to make a stand and make sure these companies see the effects consumers can cause for them because of their actions.

Please help spread the word for everyone to start boycotting all the companies that are trying to close down our lands and take away our rights to ride in these awesome and beautiful riding areas. It will not only hurt us Utah residents but it will eliminate all the money that comes in from riders from around the world that come to enjoy the trails and great riding areas that the Outdoor Industry Association is trying to shut motor vehicles out of.

Top Bottom