Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Lets create a list of all companies that have tried to gouge the American Consumers in the wake of yesterdays attack!

I am the type of customer who speaks with my wallet. Not by making a big stink. I want to hit these companies where it will hurt!
I do not want them to get one more dime of my hard earned money!
So lets have it. Who are they and where are they?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Casey Conv. Stores in Southern Illinois. Went to $5.00 / gal.
(not related to Casey the city)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
CASEYS!!!!

Jumped to 4.00 when others didn't move. I sent a scathing message via their homepage.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Phillips 66 Zipps station
140 th and 71 hiway
KCMO

$3.99/gallon

only lasted 2 hours but they still screwed some folks!
:think

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I don't care if the gouging only lasted for one minute! The fact that it happened at all is despicable! Talk about cowardly acts!

-thanks for the Casey vs. Casey's clarification Okie

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Done.

People like this need to be exposed for the scum that they are.

B

biglou

For the KC Metro area:

If you see gasoline price gouging in the metro area, call the Johnson County D.A.'s office at 913-715-3003. It is illegal and he WILL prosecute. Don't let greedy gas companies profit from this tragedy. Call 913-715-3003 and report illegal price gouging.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Hey Lou, probably the worst that I have seen is the Conoco @ 23rd & Haskell in Lawrence, Ks-it was $5.62/gal!! The best part was it was pictured right there in the paper for Johnson and Douglas County prosecuters to see.

Good guys 1
Bloodsuckers 0

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Does anyone have the contacts for the other companies?

I will be calling our States Attorney's office today as well

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Can you tell I am fired up about this?

For Okie and other IL residents the Illinois Attorney General's office phone number is (800)243-0618

They will have a press release this afternoon.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
The Arkansas State Attorney is also investigating the price gougers in Arkansas. If you live in Arkansas or have friends/relatives they can call 501-682-2007 to report any price gouging. Two convenient stores/gas stations that raised there prices upwards of 70 cents a gallon are EZ Mart and WhiteOak Station/Texaco here in NWA. The EZ Mart I drive by on my way to work each morning was at $1.55 today. Four cents lower then before they raised prices yesterday afternoon! I USE to by gas at Texaco, no more!

My wife was listening to local radio today. The owner of the local EZ Marts called in and said it was the oil company that said to raise the prices. He waited 4 hours before getting another call to raise the price. This he said he had to do according to contractual agreements with the oil company. Yea right! Don't blame me. Hell the gas in those underground tanks where already paid for. I have no idea what oil company supplies EZ Mart with gas.

Bswift - Gasholes! If the shoe fits...

Top Bottom