Baddog671

May 29, 2006
Hey everyone! This is my first thread here on dirtrider and I have a few questions I'd liek to ask everyone. First off, I have a 1986 YZ80 2 stroke that my dad bought me when I was 13. Im now 18 so she's been in my possesion for a little while now. I need to ask about some performance mods becuase even though she's strong, its still only a 80 hulling my ass around. First off, I need to ask about exhaust. Mine was always loud and upon removing it, I found the metal gasket for the head to exhaust was broken. I bought a new one (10 bucks! and then i lost it and had to get another). After the new one, my exhaust hasnt fit right and doesnt want to bolt up without manhandling it. And then, the muffle doesnt want to stay on since its pulled weird, and theres an opening where they fit together. Any suggestions of a new setup?Thanks, Nic.

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
At 18, you should be looking at 125's or 250's no matter how many upgrades you give the little bike(wich can get costly)You will wish you hade spent the money on a larger bike!! Just my two cents.

Jeff Siegel

Jan 9, 2002
those bikes scream nomatter what exhaust you put on it. i use to own one. the pipe will be hard to put back on with the new gasket but should fit. and you should change the silencer packing at least once a year. that helps with the sound

Top Bottom