Little Bear and Black Bear Enduros Move to Capitol

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Hey there y'all. Due to some unforseen scheduling problems, the Cascade Family MC enduros are moving from Naches to Capitol Forest this year. We expect to be back at Naches in 2004.

Here's the flyers...
http://www.nmaoffroad.org/graphics/posters/0823littlebear.gif
http://www.nmaoffroad.org/graphics/posters/0824blackbear.gif

Dean is promising over 90 miles on Sunday. I'm trailboss for the Saturday beginner enduro and I guarantee a good time for all. The beginner enduro is geared for first time competitors. We have an enduro class to start. The miles are marked periodically on the course so you don't have to have an odometer. You need a watch and a roll chart holder and be willing to have a blast riding some great trails. It's a tough job, huh? :confused:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
The beginner enduro is definantly a must do.

Mace, I hear you are the guy to contact about night lights for the night enduro. Any credence to the rumor?

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by fishhead
The beginner enduro is definantly a must do.

Mace, I hear you are the guy to contact about night lights for the night enduro. Any credence to the rumor?

Hmmmm. Well I cobbled together some helmet lights a while back. Basicly just a spot and a flood MR16 bulbs from Home Despot mounted on a helmet visor with some old school number plate material for brackets. Then ran a wire to a two prong trailer connector on the handlebar cross brace.

Really the key point is you need enough generator to run the lights. I think I settled on one 20w and one 35w which I ran ok with my trail whale XR650L. I tried a 50 watt bulb the first year and if I didn't keep moving the plastic mounts started melting :flame: That would be quite a sight - MACE raging through the forest with his helmet on fire.... :scream:

That would be a terrible way to burn a check :(

Last edited:

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Is it safe to say that a stock headlight would be woefully ineffective? Growing up I used to ride home at night with two flashlights velcroed to my helmet, hence the nickname Highbeam. They worked pretty well but the batteries may not last.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by Highbeam
Is it safe to say that a stock headlight would be woefully ineffective? Growing up I used to ride home at night with two flashlights velcroed to my helmet, hence the nickname Highbeam. They worked pretty well but the batteries may not last.

Probably depends on your night vision. I wouldn't ride the Night Enduro with my wimpy 35 watt stock light. Helmet lights are awesome. The bicycle type work fairly well. RMC keeps the speed averages low which helps a lot.

I really enjoy night riding. Unfortuately I have not had a chance to get the Eline coil I'm buying set up yet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom