troy2

Oct 23, 1999
The last I heard the Little Egypt OHV park in southern Il. was supposed to open this weekend. Can anyone confirm this? Anybody going?

Steve

Yamahauler

Jun 9, 1999
I stopped by the local Honda shop today and the mechanic that has been helping cut the trails for the upcoming MSHS said it would be open. I plan on going up Sunday.

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Yamahauler,
When is the Hare Scramble? I may go up Saturday. Depends on how much more rain we get. My riding partner is going camping this weekend and I really didn't want to go by myself. If you go be sure and post a ride report.

Thanks

Steve

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Called the place and the pre-recorded message said they would open Sat. the 26th at 8am. Anyone going Saturday? If anybody lives near there, how muddy is it.

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
It is open

Yamahauler,
Do try and make it there. I went today and it was great. The MX track is not finished yet but the woods were a blast. They let you run the course that is set up gor the Hare Scramble. I was the first one there and the old parts of the trail were very slick at first because of all the rain. They got better later after they dried some.
The new trails were perfect. Lots af fairly tight off camber stuff. Be prepared for some pretty rough whoops on the grass part.
Talked to some of the guys running the place and they were very nice.
Have fun
Steve

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
More info requested on Little Egypt

Hello,

I live in Northern Illinois (Chicagoland area) a drive with my buddies 6 hours each way to ride at Turkey Bay OHV park in Paducah, KY once or twice a year. How doe this new place compare? It is privatley owned? How may acres? Do they have a website? Phone #? Thanks in advance,

regards,
WoodChuck

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
Me and 2 others will be there on Sunday 2 Hondas and 1 KTM.

I ran a Mid-South race there in December and it was muddy so I couldn't realy tell what the dirt was like but the trails are kind of tight with some grass track. they have 400+ acres so it's not as big as Turkey Bay but there are hardly any rocks.

Kevin

Yamahauler

Jun 9, 1999
Hey Kevin,
A friend of mine was in Marion last night and said they had some very heavy rain. We've decided not to go. He mentioned it would be like last years race... really muddy! Maybe next weekend.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
Yamahauler,
We went ahead and went anyway, you were right it was yery slick, not realy deep muddy just slick, slick. The first few miles of the estimated 13 mile loop were very technical, hilly, slick .My group and I strugled with this section the first time through, but then it got alot better tuning into some of the funnest tighter woods that I've riden. The second time through it was a little dryer and a little more fun. We will definetly be going back several times this year, but will make sure it hasn't rained the night before. This club has put out an EXTREEM efort into this place and will be expanding as funding alows. They have put up a very nice building at the entrance and that tells me that they are not going anywhare, that is good for us!

Kevin

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Kevin or Yamahauler,
Do either of you know how to get to the other riding area that recently opened up in Harrisburg?

Thanks,
Steve

Yamahauler

Jun 9, 1999
Steve,
I haven't heard of anything. I'll ask around.

Kevin,
Sounds like we should have went anyway. Were many people there? After my buddy called and cancelled, I decided to go up to Turkey Bay (already had my bike loaded and it's only 30 miles from my house). Big mistake! Didn't even unload my bike. The place was completely packed! Had to be at least 200-300 jeeps & sand rails. I was embarrased by all the red-neckism going on. I bet the meat wagon made several pick-ups there.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
troy2,
Lance Martin told us how to get there but I don't remember exactly, you might call him his # is on the Mid-South Harescrambles site on the Scheduale page. I did heare that they have about 250 acres and not very much trail cut.

Yamahauler,
Unfortuatly about 10 of those redneck jeepers were from my town, I work with 2 of them but have absolutly no use or intrrest in what they do with there jeeps (junkyard buggies). They (jeeps) have ruined 2 local riding spots in the last 3 years. Besites the meat wagon I'll bet there were several thousand's of dollers in fines for drinking and dumb%$# desease. Turkey Bay is not a place I will ever go on Memorial or Labor day because of just what you witnessed.
There were about 15-20 bikes and about 10-15 ATV's, once we started the loop we never realy saw anybody else.

Top Bottom