troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Anyone have any information about a new riding area that is soon to open in Illinois called Little Egypt OHV Recreation Area?

Thanks

------------------

James980

Dec 29, 1999
From Clark County Park District: "Rules: Helmets are not required".

Is this normal for a park that is carrying a $1 million liability policy (per grant program rules)? Wouldn't helmets be something the insurance company would want, even require?

Even worse and more to the point, this is bad press. Damn, do people want to see this grant program go away just when we start to see a some parks out of it?

James

------------------

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
LOL james you picked up on that huh?

I talked to DNR last month or maybe last week not sure and they will be pulling that down. its nothing more then a typo i am sure.

could you imagine not helmet required!!!!!

be kinda like saying "leave your brains at home "

------------------
wardy
"don't wake me.......I am working."
http://www.megacross.com

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Yeah, must be a typo. That'd be a crazy thing for a state subsidized place to publicize! Although, judging from the crowds I run into on my more rural rides -- hmmm, how many helmets besides mine did I count last trip to Ohio? Four out of five? Six out of seven? Try ZERO out of everybody! -- it just might be the thing that makes or breaks them ;)

James

------------------

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Wardy,
Thanks for the link. I just got off the phone with the man in charge. It will not be open until around Memorial Day.
There is another park mentioned on that web site:Williams Hill Pass Association. Is it open yet? There is not a phone number listed.

------------------

Top Bottom