ponto

Oct 13, 2002
Hey Guys, I live in the northern part of Indiana and wanted to let you know how lucky you guys are to have such a great trail system. Here in this part of the state there is really no place to trail ride. My son and I rode Little Manistee a few weeks ago. It was a blast. This was the first trail ride in Michigan and man did we have fun. My old bones hurt for a week but you could not slap the smile off my face. I do have a question for you guys, how does this trail rate with other trails in the LP of Michigan.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I would say its a typical example of michigan trails. There is better trails out there but there is also lots worse. UP tends to be a but more technical with more rocks.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Which of Little Manistee did you ride? THe route (wide enough for two cars to pass) or the trail (the bike section).

The route and the trail run parallel to each other and you can swap between the two.

My family tends to avoid Little Manistee as other trails are more technical.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea the orv route sucks big time. Shoulda clarified. The orv route dont even register into my concious thought when someone mentions trail. The single track is pretty decent trail though. I always have fun out there.

ponto

Oct 13, 2002
We rode the trail part just about the whole way. we unloaded at the seven mile road access and went clockwise. It got a little tough to follow the markers after we got past the carrieville camp ground and we would ride on the rout for a short time. The rout was scary stuff,you could not see around corners well and guys on atv's and rails would be on the wrong side of the road :yikes: You say there are more technical trails than this!!! This was trials stuff for me, I am use to gravel pits and fields with a few trees thrown in.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Umm yea there is way more technical trails out there than LM. But at least you have the bike for it (250x) that bike craves the tight nasty's.

ponto

Oct 13, 2002
You have that right. My son has a 450R and I could run away from him when we got into the tight roots, ruts and mud.

Top Bottom