3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
My son and I want to go up to the little manistee That Weekend. Can you ride on this weekend or is there hunting going on this time of year? We are coming up from the chicago area, So do any of you guys Know if its OK. Thanks

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Small game and deer/bow hunting is happening currently. If you ride between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm you should not offend anyone too much. However, you may receive the occasional dirty look from some rambo who thinks he owns the national forest!

Firearm deer season starts on November 15 and runs through the end of the month. It’s probably not wise to ride during that time.

Have fun!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I am a Bowhunter as well as a biker and well tell you guys that ALL of the hunters (non bikers too) that I know of are FULLY aware of the designated trail system here in Michigan. For obvious reasons, any hunter who is serious about his sport AVOIDS our designated trail system like the pox!! As long as you STAY on the posted trails you are encouraged to ride ANYTIME!! IMH, riding this time of year actually helps BOTH sports because it helps "newbie" hunters get accostumed to sharing the land as we bikers must do! Just do us all a favor and STAY ON THE TRAIL (unless your street legal then all the forest roads become a virtual play ground). Also, keep your bike within legal sound limits - this is a MAJOR!!
NOW GET UP HERE AND RIDE!~!!
Woodsy

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If you are traveling from Chicago, why travel a little futher east and attend our trailfest event.  It will not be as large as Rites of Spring (I think we met there a couple of years ago), but a great chance to ride with other DRNers.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Yes Mike we met at the rites of spring . My son (17yrs) has informed me that he would rather go to an amusment park than riding with his dad, Whats up with that :( So maybe Ill drive a little farther to trailfest. When do I need to let you Know by? It would be nice to see all of you again as I couldnt make it to the ros this year. How far of a drive is it from Baldwin?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
3KDXXR2: Come to trailfest. It's a really fun event! It’s not much farther at all. Tell jr. It's better than an amusement park!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
TrailFest offers a great ride, good food, prizes, and lots of color.... but no lines. Well, there might be a line at the Fred T burger stand... :)

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
My friend and I rode Little Manitee and Lincoln hills Oct. 17.
Only saw a few people, was a great ride if you stay on the woods trail and not on the ORV trail. ORV was wooped out bad.

Hope the info helps,

miScott

Top Bottom