May 16, 2007
I have a 1990 Suzuki RM125 and it dosen't idle. Is it supposed to be like this. I just got it recently. It also blows plugs pretty reguarly. If you could help me this would be great

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
Have you tried turning the idle screw? turn it all the way in, for the plugs blowing I amd told that it's common, and I'm pretty much having the same problem. What fuel:oil mix are you using? if it's 32:1 or leaner consider jetting. Hope this helps.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You shouldn't be fouling plugs, but that could be a lot of things. 2-stroke MX engines shouldn't really idle much. Your bike could be fouling plugs because it's jetted improperly. It could also be fouling plugs because of yoru riding style. 125's don't like to be lugged around at low speeds in a high gear. They don't like to be crused around at low speeds for extended periods of time. I like a few seconds of idle on my 2-strokes. This will give the best throttle response, provide some (but still minimal) engine braking going into turns, and make the bike less likely to foul plugs when running at low speeds.

May 16, 2007
I am new to this particular bike and can't seem to find the idle screw. I have been reading around the forums and someone with a 94 125 had to turn the choke knob. I did this but it didn't help. I am running 50:1 right now. THanks

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
Don't think the engine will perform any better with less oil be cause in reality that will make it bog and run richer. Less oil means more gas. More gas and less air makes for a rich mixture. :coocoo:

Top Bottom