wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
To all Midwestern Spodes!!!

The third annual Little Sahara DITS (duel in the sandbox) invitational is coming April 18th through the 21st! This has been a local event with riders from MO, KS, AR, TX & OK attending in the past. Any and all DRNers and their families are invited for this get together outside of Waynoka, OK.

For any who have not been there before, it is around 1500 acres of sand dunes which is open to all off-road vehicles (ie. ***s, 4x4s, buggies, bikes, etc.). There are also around 100 campsites (which should be expanded by April) and also bathroom facilities and hot showers. If you plan on burning wood for a fire however, you have to bring your own in or buy it locally. You cannot take wood off of the dunes to burn.

The park is open 24 hours during the season and you have to have battery or generator powered lights (headlight & taillight) to ride at night. Watching the buggies at night climbing dunes is a real blast.

To any that have not experienced sand riding it will be a new unforgettable experience. There are 70' - 80' tall dunes with razors which can be very challenging. Most are "soft tops" and are gently rounded which makes for great jumping. There are usually several "lakes" that the lunatics can "hydro" on after a good rain. To those that have tasted Glamis or Ocotillo Wells, it is not as big, but it is just as fun IMHO.

Hope you will join us!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by wfocrusty
There are usually several "lakes" that the lunatics can "hydro" on after a good rain.

i'll be there. i went in december and all the lakes were dry. i've been going there for about the last five years and it was the first time i had seen it like that. check my member gallery for a little sahara hydro pic.

i'm hardly a lunatic. at least the voices in my head say i'm not.:scream:

Last edited:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
That's a world record posting time there mx. I knew you'd be all over this.:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Isn't that the same weekend as the Dallas SX?:think

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Sorry guys...... Most of us were going to the STL SX on April 6th and unfortunately I didn't even look at the date for Dallas. But hey, there is always Sunday! That is, if the post race festivities are not too extreme...

:think

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I think we are riding somewhere on Sunday after the SX, maybe Muenster but I don't care anyway as long as we ride. I'm going to St. Louis on the 6th with BigLou and then to Dallas with BigLou and many others.:)

Top Bottom