Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
If any one is interested in hanging out and helping do a little trail maint around the Clubgrounds we are having our trail maint weekend May 19-20. We always manage to have a good time up there aropund the camp fire and get a little riding in too. :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Gratton motox on Fri - Single tracking on Sat - HD on pavement to the Blessing on Sun.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
The plan is to bring up Motorhome for summer and get ride back with MM.
Will do what ever you need Freddy but probably from a 4 wheeled vehicle. :nod:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We need support trucks to haul the supplies. LMC will have plenty of members there to work on the Cross State Connector and we appreciate any volunteers who are able to join us next weekend.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Are you guys going to be at the clubgrounds Friday AM or Friday evening? Freddy, I'm also curious what your opinion of the trail is that you rode on 05-05. My brother and I rode some of it 05-06 and it didn't seem too bad. I know it will be a lot of work when it actually comes to doing the maintenance. We rode the single track bike trail (50" or less trail)that ties in off of the North Missaukee Freeway over towards old 66 and heads back east. There was a fair amount of ground trash and overgrowth that seemed to want to reach out and stab someone.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I will be at the clubgrounds on Friday - if I can get the day off, I will be there in the afternoon. The parallel trail does need a lot of work due to the windstorms from last Fall.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Gratton motox on Fri - Single tracking on Sat - HD on pavement to the Blessing on Sun.

Hey Lucky,
Get your butt to the clubgrounds. It is our turn to be the supervisor and scream out orders.
We all know your 50 year old knees can not handle a MX track! :laugh:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"We all know your 50 year old knees can not handle a MX track!"

OH! MAN
Or was that Old Man? :laugh:

Don

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Oh yah?!?

... Build-a-Bear b-day party for 7 y/o daughter on Fri - Crafts and sleep-over b-day party for 11 y/o daughter & 10 girlfriends on Sat - Brownie end-of-year party on Sun.

Beat that!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Smit-Dog said:
Oh yah?!?

... Build-a-Bear b-day party for 7 y/o daughter on Fri - Crafts and sleep-over b-day party for 11 y/o daughter & 10 girlfriends on Sat - Brownie end-of-year party on Sun.

Beat that!
While your at your Crafts party make me something really nice for my toy hauler window smitpuppy. :laugh:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
fatherandson said:
Hey Lucky,
We all know your 50 year old knees can not handle a MX track! :laugh:
Actually the doc told me that I have the knee's of a 65 yr old....And that was 3yrs ago. Just goes to show you what "mind over matter" can do :nod:

Shizz boys..... when you gota suspension set up like mine you can free fall from apartment buildings! :nener:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
You must have setup the suspension for that kid who flipped his bike over the guard rail on a bridge and fell about 6 stories, but only suffered a minor cut on his arm.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
All I can say is what a lucky chap! What the heck is pluff mud? Looks more like wet quick sand. If the kid wanted to ride in that chit I'm sure there was an easier way to get there. For crying out loud he was stuck before he started.... :ohmy:

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Quick question. What "tools" would an experienced trail maintenance individual recommend for the inexperienced trail maintenance newbie? I want to make sure I have my tool ducks in a row next weekend. Thanks, and peace out yo......

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Pruners or loppers (for brushing), small foldable handsaw. Hammer.
Lots of water.
Bug spray.
Buddy with a chainsaw.
Another buddy with a truck and post hole digger.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
slowone said:
Quick question. What "tools" would an experienced trail maintenance individual recommend for the inexperienced trail maintenance newbie? I want to make sure I have my tool ducks in a row next weekend. Thanks, and peace out yo......
I'll probably be the gut in the truck, and will also be the buddy with a chainsaw if I remember to bring it. :whoa:
Slowone ,do you still have your Kx?
call me 517-896-9757

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Brave man putting your # on the net! My brother may be coming up and he'll have a chainsaw if he does. I say may be coming because he is sometimes unpredictable. I'll call you Tom....

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am pretty sure that number is on many websites...

slowone - we will see you next weekend I hope the lumberjack can join us. All are welcome as we have 100 miles to work on.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
fatherandson said:
I am pretty sure that number is on many websites...
And also check the local restroom walls as well. ;)

By the way did you get my list done today?...

Top Bottom