firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I write for a local alternative newsweekly called The Local Planet ( www.thelocalplanet.com ). I write motorsports articles for them. I have done a handful, including a freestyle article, four stroke nationals story, and a total of 3 now on snowmobiles: watercross, grass drags and extreme riding. The most recent one, the extreme riding one, will be published on Thursday.

So I get a call at work today from the local alternative rock radio station 105.7 The Peak. The producer wants to know if I can do a phone interview during their morning show about my snowmobiling article. :eek: :aj: Wow! I said yes, of course, then started to worry about whether or not I will stutter. They want to attract more female listeners so apparently they thought or were told that I could help with that because of my writing AND the fact I ride dirt bikes.

Their morning show is awesome and I listen to it every day. The main host, Darian O'Toole, is freaking HILARIOUS and I love listening to her rant and take people apart and go into detail about her dating travails for our entertainment. She is fiesty and smart and a smart ass so I think she's great. I hope she doesn't take me apart for some weird reason . . . I don't think she's a tree hugger though.

Anyway, I'm really nervous but looking forward to it. Anybody who can, tune in to 105.7 fm at 720 tomorrow morning so you can tell me how stupid I sound!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awesome, Sharla!! :thumb:

Have fun and don't be too nervous... start practicing now :confused: Make sure to have someone record it! Maybe you could post it up on the web. Don't worry about the tens of thousands of people who might hear you :p

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
LOL thanks! I am going to ask for a transcript and/or a tape of it. Depending on how it goes . . .

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Woohoo!

Can I tell people I know you? Seriously, send us a link or something. No pressure. . :debil:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congratulations Sharla!

From one that has been there ... Try and get a list of the potential questions before you go live. It will help you prepare your thoughts. Post a wav file of your interview!!!

Tony

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Way to go Sharla!

I'm with Tony on this one, post a wav file if you can :thumb:

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Congratulations!! I would be a smarta** and say something like 'Think nothing of the fact that you will be representing the ENTIRE DIRTBIKE COMMUNITY! :scream: ', but I won't. :p Don't forget to get a plug in for DRN!! ;)

John

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
She is on right now. Anyone listening?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
No, I'm in class right now :(

But the instructor can't see my screen :p

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU
No, I'm in class right now :(

But the instructor can't see my screen :p

I have always wondered how you are online all the time and I knew you were in school ..... Now I know!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Tony Eeds

I have always wondered how you are online all the time and I knew you were in school ..... Now I know!

It's really hard to keep from laughing out loud sometimes when the post is funny too :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well thanks for the support guys! It was pretty uneventful. The host talked a lot, hard to get a word in edgewise--which I knew would be the case. They were running behind so I got cut short. Oh well.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congrats in any case. It is always nice when someone wants your opinion.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:thumb: FC22! Do you have a WAV yet? If not I am sure you did fine, way to go Girl! :aj:

Spread the word! :yeehaw:

Top Bottom