Help Locked up motor with .8 hours on rebuild

Landon35

Sep 11, 2022
Alright guys I need some help figuring out what I should do. So I have a 2016 Suzuki rmz450 with about 80hrs on it. I just had the complete top end rebuilt with a new wiseco piston. Today I took it out for the first time since the rebuild and I took a small spill. When I picked the bike up I noticed the muffler was packed with some dirt. Being that I was a 1/2 mile from the stands I found a stick and picked all the dirt I could out, then started the bike and revved it 3-4 times to blow any other dirt out. About 20 mins later I took the bike back out and on the 2nd lap it completely locked up on me. Kickstarter won’t move at all. Is there a chance that the dirt could have locked the motor up, or would it most likely be the shop at fault for doing something incorrectly? Should I call them and expect them to fix this, or is this all on me?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'd take it back to the shop that did the work. Getting dirt in the end of the pipe isn't going to seize the engine. It sounds like something either wasn't assembled correctly or something loosened up and fell off inside the engine. I hope they stand behind their work.

Top Bottom