Ward

Jan 23, 2006
I see there is a hare scramble at Log Road MX coming up. What is the course like? Is it it mostly mx track like Portland or does it have a nice mix of track and trails like Battle Creek? Any opinions? Thanks guys.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Bart and the staff at Log Road do their collective best to make this race as good as possible. The course is most likely 1/3 moto and 2/3 woods. I believe that the estimated mileage for this years event is around 5 miles. They do an excellent job at grooming the MX track. The facility is really nice, with numerous shaded areas to pit (I'm pretty sure that you can camp the night before....check Log Roads website for a number to call if you have questions there).

The woods sections are mixed into the MX track....you do a section of the MX course, then into the woods...then back onto the MX course....and so on. The woods will most likely have some wet spots, as the area has been hit with a lot of rain and there are portions of the track that are on very low ground.

Jeff Stanton has raced this event the last two years. His son raced during the mini program and he has done the team race. Pretty cool to be out on the track w/him. I don't know if he plans on being there or not.

The MX track does have jumps. There are some doubles and some table tops. As the terrain is pretty rolling, the MX course flows pretty well. The soil on the MX track is a mix of sand, with some hard pack/rocky sections. The woods is made up of black, loamy soil and some sand sections.

Hope this helps! :cool:

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
Sounds interesting. I think I may have to go check it out. Thanks.

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
Holy bottomless bogs Batman. Those low lying areas were perpetual mud holes. I've never buried a bike so deep before, nor have I ever seen so many bikes buried during one race. I hate to think how much time I lost trying to get my bike unstuck. Thanks to the course marshal who helped. I thought I was gonna have to abandon the bike and call AAA.

slo3933

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 2, 2006
I'm surprised they didn't lose some little kids in the bogs during our morning group :) You afternoon guys looked pretty whipped coming out of the woods across the road, and dirty!! Everybody coming out of there was shaking their head. I had a fun time other than crashing on my last lap, I'm pretty horrible on the track!!

Stacey

Top Bottom