craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I'm looking at making the Lone Star, anyone else? RSVP...
Justql, Lorin, Danman, Bswift, Jeff, Enduronut, Bundu, Double, Calcaneus, Oldmaiconut, Mkimbro, Sawblade, Mx547, Tx246, Okkxer, 99cr125, VioletSP, ????
Who am I leaving out? Who wants to join this motley crew?
Forecast looks good.
Pics from 1999....

http://community.webshots.com/album/18233608bqBoCpYIeN

Last edited:

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
I'm going to go with our original decision that even a super short course would be on the suicidal side for me. When is it anyway?? PS dad dont forget to let me know about the Phi Eta Sigma thingy by wednesday.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I will be there all weekend. I was there on Saturday and it rained all day. It was sweet Sunday. By the time I was out riding and working on sunday it was tacky. The traction was on. I looked at the weather and it is not suppost to be rain this whole week, so get your mockisons and start that rain dance. An inch on friday night should make it very nice. Even if we don't get any it will not be as dusty as Turkey was. Some new trail this year (I rode the section and it was a blast). If you have your rows let me know and I will say hi. You should see me at a check somewhere. No sweet buffet like the spodefest though!

Last edited:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Danman,
I remember you saying you were working on of the panhandle races....
I'll sign-up Sunday AM, if alot of Heartlanders show up, it'll probably be a late row. Look me/us up Sunday AM.
Forecast is calling for rain on Friday. I don't think you can get too much rain in that area. 1999, got a big storm Saturday night, we were raising dust by 10AM Sunday!
Violet, lets set a goal of you doing the Red River, on 10/6. Get comfortable doing all of Stillwater, hit Draper and Justql's farm a couple of times. I think Red River would be a challenge, but doable with the aforementioned experience....
Don't tell Mom! :scream:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I saw that it was suppost to be cloudy on Thursday and Friday, but the weather I looked at call for no rain :( I hope that you are right.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
better stay away from me. i'll have you racing motocross in no time. :)

seriously, if dad would approve, you should consider it. my daughter (the little girl on the ktm at justql's farm) races mx. there are a couple of fast girls in the ladies class but the rest are pretty laid back and just riding for fun.

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
For the love of all that is holy no... i can't even WALK up a hill without hurting myself. I'll stick to trees thank you- i have better luck with them.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm out craig. We are tentatively planning a trip to the farm. Camp out all weekend and work on the MX track. I also need to cut about five trees off of the trail. This job stuff has me majorly stressed out. I need some quality time with the family.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I guess I'm not going, either!

Looks like I'll be skipping Kagary, after all.
Will be stayiing close to home for a fun ride. Saturday or Sunday at Stw, most likely.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
:( Oh well maybe I will be able to make it up to the Oklahoma race this summer. It looks like a good turn out this year. I heard there were a whole lot of pre-entries.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Craig, drop me a line if you plan on hitting Stillwater this weekend. I may be able to talk my better half into going, which would allow her to meet your girl riders. She has ridden a few times and would probably be comfortable riding at the level you and yours currently are. Let me know and I will plan for it. Lorin.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Danman, clean out your PM mailbox. Tried to send you one and it got kicked back 'cause you're full....

terry.mc

Feb 21, 2002
Hey all,

Headed down to the Lone Star from Colorado and camping Sat PM. The Lone Star will be my first enduro, so I'm pretty excited! I'm gridded somewhere in the early 50's, riding a clapped out white KDX200.

Can someone provide an approx elevation for the course?

Any other helpful hints are welcome too!

Thnx,
Terry Mc

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Craig, Lorin, you both are welcome to come to the farm with your female riders. We should be there all weekend. I'll be mostly working on the MX track with the tractor as well as running the chain saw in about four or five places that have trees on the trail. Not much riding or working a litle of noth. You'd be free to ride with teh gals all you wanted with n o pressure from me to ride a lap. :(

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
You fellas missed a sweet ride. It drizzled all day saturday. Key time was muddy and the fog was thick. Many had google problems early. I was at check 5 and there were a lot of people not wearing them, but most were all grins and yeehaws. There was not a bit of dust and the traction was on. It was like someone called the water truck and preped the whole course. We had a great turnout. Over 300 riders. I would post a report, but I'm tired and I did not ride it. As a matter of fact my bike crapped out on me after the check so I could not even ride sweep. The shift shaft will turn, but it won't go into gear. No worky. I had to do the shame ride back to camp with a few other broken down riders. Also had to collect my bike and another one that suffered the busted raditor fate.

Top Bottom