Long engine life???

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I know you guys reading this section know performance. Do you have any secrets to long engine life?

I like fast bikes, but I especially like things that last a long time. Outside of proper air filter service, is there anything I could or should be doing to give the longest lifespan to my motor?

Thank You!

KYHU

Jun 12, 2001
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that jetting a little bit on the rich side (not for max power) will increase the lifespan of a two-stroke engine.

Mixing a large percentage of high quality synthetic oil in the fuel (3-4 percent) will also help.

david

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I use motul 800t as i believe it protects extremely well.A while ago my 02 Cr125 had a bit of dirt trapped under the rad cap-it allowed all the fluid out-ran for most of the day before it stopped.Stripped it down and all i had to do was clean up the scuffing on the exhaust side and fit a piston kit-its runs perfect still.I put this down to good oil.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Let the bike warm up before you put a load on it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…