long ride, over rev. now have bad miss and sputter

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
highly modifide fredettde 99 220 couple hours on trail not that hard of a run, lot of boggin (tractoring) bikes running great. do a little over rev, now I have a miss and bad sputter? whata think plug fouled, shatted the reeds? I'm running yama lube 2r at 40/1 bike starts good but sputters bad? pulled the plug, looks sooty but seen it worse? and still run fine:think

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The first thing I’d do is replace that plug and take it for a test ride. . It sounds to me like its starting to foul. The general appearance of the plug isn't a good indicator if its carbon fouling so when ever you have ignition problems its the first thing you should replace.

If changing the plug doesn’t fix you up check and insure your ground is clean and not corroded and that your kill switch is clean inside and operating properly.

Normally if the reeds go bad you’ll have difficulty starting the bike as well.

If these don’t fix your problem get back to us and we’ll dig deeper.

David

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Put in a new plug and you should be fine, IMO. The lots of low end use probably shortened the lifespan of that plug, and you can't always tell by looking.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
put new plug in .

seems to have taken care of the problem . but still need to take long ride. found a deal on plugs went to murray discount auto. and bought plug's for $1.99 seems to be a deal.:)

Top Bottom