Long wait. Please help me ride soon!

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
I've been to h*ll and back with my husky. It's beaten me up pretty badly and I haven't even ridden it yet:(

To the point:
I can't get a flywheel puller for my '94 wxc 610. I've tried george earl @ uptite husky with no luck in ten months. He keeps leading-me-on. Ferracci has done pretty much teh same thing.

My stator is not generating a spark. I cannot remove the flywheel w/o a puller, unless I am willing to destroy it, using a jaw style gear puller. George says I need my flywheel magnets re-phased, but I can't even get him to supply me with a puller, never mind get him to work-on my flywheel magnets.

What I want to do:
I want to buy a new aftermarket ignition kit, like a baja, ducati, etc..

Any recommendations? I don't wanna' spend much more than $500. Where can I get something like this for my left-kick bike?

Please give me a hand soon. I've had this bike since 1/1/06 when I bought it. I've been staring at it, working on it, but I haven't been able to ride it!

ANY help AT ALL will be greatly appreciated. Since money is no longer a concern (just tired of waiting), I'm hoping I'll be able to do something about this problem.

Thank's, guys!

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Buy a motion pro flywheel puller , probably about $20.00.
You should try Penton Imports, , they sell aftermarket complete ignitions made by motoplat ( I believe they are German made) I have used a couple on some customers bikes . Normaly a complete ignition is $375.00 - $500.00 .

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
woah. Thank's a lot for the leads! You don't know how much I appreciate it. I've asked many ppl many times on many forums.

I'll check-out penton imports. Do you know how I'd tell which motion pro flywheel puller would fit the ducati aftermarket flywheel?

Thank's again.

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
Hmm. I checked-out Penton's site. It said there were kits for large 4t huskies yet. And no kits for late model huskies, so that really rules-my-bike-out for that particular company.

It didn't seem like motion pro's site had any husky flywheel pullers.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Have you tried Husky USA to see if they have one or can dealer locate one? Special tools are a PITA but make it so much easier to do the job.

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
Thank's, bon chance.
I'll try those leads.

I have tried husky usa, patman. I haven't had much luck. George keeps telling me he will get me a flywheel puller, but I've waited over 6 months and he keeps saying it'll just be a few more days.

I got a few quotes for stock husky flywheel/stator combos (I have a husky coil I could use with this stuff). The price was $399 for a flywheel and stator.
George said the stock system had flaws and to avoid it. He said I should get his puller, remove the ducati flywheel and have the magnets re-phased, which would most likely solve my problem.

I would go ahead and do this, but I can't get the flywheel puller from him.

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
all right. thank's. I"ll do that tomorrow.
er- do you have a phone number by any chance? I'll try to track one down.

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
Well. This thread isn't too old, so I thought I'd tell you guys what has happened. As you may have seen, I have another thread... that has a lot of the details.

Anyway...
George Erl got the flywheel puller to me, I pulled the flywheel, teh magnets were not attached, so I sent it to him and he re-phased them and returned the flywheel to me.

I put the flywheel on and started the bike. I had a recent problem with shearing a flywheel key, but I have more on the way and will now torque the flywheel nut to the right spec (Asked George).

Thank's a lot for all the help! I'll get a "first ride" report typed-up and post it in here, after I get some seat time.

Top Bottom