longest ride ever

guggie

Mar 3, 2003
What is your longest ride ever on a bike? I'm very new to riding and my dealer told me that 25 miles on a bike is huge. Im used to snowmobiling where 350 miles is a big ride. But I know its much less on a bike.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Depends on the bikes tank size, the carb size, jetting and engine requirements. Not to mention the terrain you ride.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I did a 500+ mile, two day dual sport ride on my KDX250. But it was lots of road and very easy. I've done a few 325+ mile, two day dual sports on a KDX200, pretty easy. 30 miles of brutal trails can be much harder! My favorite rides are 55-70 miles of good single track.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
I usually trail ride about 30 miles at a time because of time limits with other family stuff to do. Have ridden a 60 mile turkey run and plan to do several 60 to 80 mile enduros this summer. Hoping to ride at least 750 miles this riding season (May to Nov).

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
25 miles over flat terrain and fire roads is much different than 25 miles over rocks and through single track. What kind of 25 do you ride?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
75miles, combine rides one day. all tight trails.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
62 very long, nervous miles lost in rampart. Yes, I had a map - a local was showing us HIS NEW trails.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
1977 Jackpine Enduro - 350 Miles in 2 days of racing and 1979 Rose City 2 day ISDT Qualifyer @ 300 miles in 2 days of Racing. Both were mostly single track woods riding, but the Qualifyer had some grass tracks, hillclimb type special tests. Both are fond memories indeed - I had a lot of fun.

I wish I could still do that! :scream: Too old now.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I know it's not the same thing, and he did not say what kinda bike, but I used to ride my Schwinn 10 speed 60 miles a day after school Just for kicks!

I wish I could still do that! :worship:

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
We just did a trip on the logging roads in my area and we did just over 211 km's,I think thats about 130 miles,on the one tank,this was mostly 5-6th gear stuff and at a fairly steady speed,drained the tank the next day and had just under 1 litre left,just about to hit reserve.Some days on some of the trails we ride around here you can ride for 7-8hours and put 50-60 km's on the bike.

Barkeater420

Mar 4, 2003
We usually do about 30 miles out and 30 miles back, around 1/3 of which distance is just big whoops and more big whoops. After that you are hurting the next day for sure.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
124 Miles of open desert. Mostly fire roads but some singletrack. Past that mileage marker and my body and backside need a rest

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
In Alaska the fireroad, single track, power line hills, survey cuts, equaled to 103 miles with barely enuf gas to make it. That was about 8-10 hours of riding without seeing another soul.
It was odd to start your ride at 6pm and ride through the night (sun not going down) and stop at 4am. You just don't get tired.
They have a mother's day enduro, that is 30 miles of tuff trails and half of the field drops out at 15 miles. It can take the fast guys 5 hours and the slow guys past 8. Just think about the guy who has to account for everyone after the race.
That race was the best one I have ever done, a great initiation to riding and some things I have never done since, even 5 years later.

Oh by the way, the winner was riding an XR 200. Low seat height and light did not exhaust his energy. Isn't that a girls bike (ref. other forum)

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
The longest ride for me was 79 miles and broke two ribs at around the 36 mile mark. The rest of the mileage was getting back to my truck. Someone gave me the wrong directions and it added a few miles. It was a very rugged Turkey Run in Massachusetts.

It was the most fun I've ever had on two wheels.

It took eight weeks to heal.:whiner:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…