Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Went out to the Elsinore track yesterday for the much anticipated return of LongTime.

Well, LT promptly went out and gave his freshly healed broken leg the acid test by falling directly on it. At first, we thought he may have re-broken it, but, after icing it for a while, LT toughed it out and went out and did some more laps. Way to go LT your an animal.

He also cleared all of the mud off of the big track for us by sopping it up with his body.:scream: What is it with you and mud anyway LT? Don't think I've ever seen that much mud stuck to one person. Looked like Connor was having a lot of fun on the pee wee track.

MXdad was there with his kids, also Bill Purcell and Holeshot and also got to meet Tony Williams and his Son. All of these guys go very fast. JPivey came out with his camera and took some photos of us. That is a pretty serious camera you have there JP.

I had a blast and quickly realized how terribly out of shape I am. Four laps and I was toast. Only stepped off twice, (that's a good day for me.) Once directly in front of LongTime. I know I'll hear more about that one.:eek:

All in all, it was a good day, great weather and the track was good except for the dust at the end of the day. I even think I may have convinced MXdad to come out and try some single track with us.

Another great day with a bunch of great people. Can't wait to do it again.

Last edited:

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
It was a great day, very cool temperature by Elsinore standards.

LT's strategy was to get out on the track before there were many people out there. Of course both Bill and I told him to be careful since it's very wet and slippery first thing in the morning. Damn kids, they never listen! :confused:
Next thing we see is LT back in the pits covered with mud. I have a feeling there's a new pair of boots in his future too! LT's son Connor and my Matt had a great time chasing each other around the 50 and 80 tracks.

I got a nice dust, dirt & rock shower from Holeshot as he kept jumping past me in one of my "chicken" sections, man those 426's throw some roost. The only time I got to pass Ol89'r was when he did a traction test for us in a loose corner to show us just how slippery it was!

Bill and Tony were battling, Tony looks like he's back up to speed after some alleged time off the bike. His son is a great rider too and will be pushing him very soon. Bill, as usual, jumped the new sections they put in the track right away and keeps getting faster.

JPivey's camera was impressive - can't wait to see the pictures (at least of Matt and Connor ;) ) Nice meeting you too - next time make sure you schedule those meetings properly!

The single track does sound like a good time, Terry promised me a good "C" loop. I still think his main motivation is just knowing he'll get some good laughs.

Bill and I try to ride Elsinore most Wednesday mornings, so anybody who can make it let me know and look us up. It's been great to have a DRN ride there these last two weeks and meet some great folks.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by MXDad
Tony looks like he's back up to speed after some alleged time off the bike. His son is a great rider too and will be pushing him very soon.

Hey, Hey !!!

My right thumb was spurting blood from lack of recent riding experience. I do intend to do more regular riding in the near term. Getting sore is no fun....

See ya all next time.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
That was a great way to spend a morning,and with your permission I would love to join you guys on your next ride.Ol'89r,LT,MXdad,Mr. Williams and Bill it was a pleasure to meet you guys and next time I hope to meet Holeshot.

I have seen some of the pix but not all, and I think that Matt, Connor and AJ
willl be happy. The rest are slides and all are being burned to a CD so I have to wait alittle on those.

Ol'89r I did catch the tail end of that double seat grab you busted,but my timing was so late it just looks like you got some good air ... sorrry, I guess everyone will just have to take my word for it.... out of shape my ....

Last edited:

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
J_Dem_Bones - Best cure for the "layoff blues" is a good ride. We'll be at Elsinore again tomorrow, come on out.

01 250f #115

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Elsinore Experts

Mxdad fails to mention that he was faster than me on 95% of the track. I actually had to cut across the vet track a couple of times to get back in front him after I messed up, but he kept sneaking his 250F under and around me in the corners.:think Next time....

Couldn't keep Bill in sight for too long (this guys gonna force me to go BIG)

I won't mention Tony's riding, because we may be arch rivals next year when he hits the big 4-0 and joins the Old Timers.

Ol'89r looked like he was longing for his trusty old XR350 instead of his high strung WR400 (his mount for the day). Yep, he can jump too. :eek:

Sorry to hear about LT. The Elsinore track is a fun and reasonably safe layout, but when it's wet, it's very slippery. Even a four stroke can't find traction on that grease. Hope to see LT back soon.

I think I saw JPIVEY, but I'm not sure.:confused:

All in all, it was great day, even though I could only go 1 1/2 laps at a time. It took me an hour of eyeballing the jumps before I could convince myself that if I came up short, it wouldn't hurt (much). I'll be back to see if I can hang with the "Elsinore Experts".

426 seems a bit too much for me, so maybe a 250F or 125 two stoke in the future....

Last edited:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Boy oh boy. That was quite a day. Got there before the track opened to beat the heat. MXDad warned me that it would be "slick as snot" until the sun baked the track, or the locals churned it up a bit. But, my urge to take a couple of nice easy laps by my own darn self so I wouldn't get in anyone's way got the better of me. And Ol89 is right -- the subsequent fall right exactly on the point of the break was indeed and "acid test." I was scared to death to try to put weight on it. Luckily, the plus side of that mud was that it had enough give in it to allow my leg to smush rather than break again. Gotta say -- we've got quite a nice group here. When I returned to the pits where the guys were suiting up, covered in mud and looking a little concerned, you should've seen the looks on everyone's faces. I think they were more worried than I was! :eek:

Well, JPIvey showed up, and we each tried to get one of those darn chemical ice-packs to turn cold, to no avail. Meantime the rest of the guys started out for some vet track laps. Well, I decided that since I couldn't ice it anyway, and since I knew it wasn't broke, I'd darn well better get back in the saddle right then and there. Gladly, the guys (winded already, seeing as, ahem, none of them are quite ready for the Boston marathon), decided to wheeze their way around a few more laps for my benefit. I appreciated the gesture very much. Knowing that half the guys on the track were my buds really helped me relax and try to get back into it. Little did I know that while my leg had been broke MXDad and Bill went from guys just slightly above my level to guys who can lap me at will!!:scream: But hey -- it's all good. I am happy for them for how much they've progressed.

The kids had a great time. Connor asked when we can go again -- and specifically mentioned that he liked jumps (tracks) more than open trail riding. I think perhaps he's in for a KTM 50 instead of a TTR90.

It was great to meet you, Tony. And JP -- thanks for all the pics. You definitely have a carte blanche invitation to join us for a ride any time. Dad, Bill, Hole, good to see you all again. Ol89'r -- thanks for falling to make me feel good. And you're right -- I myself can't figure out how that much mud could stick to one person (me).

:)

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I even impressed myself today--I was actually at the track BEFORE everybody was all suited up and ready to go. Okay, that may not sound like much of an accomplishment, but for me, it was pretty dang good!

Poor LT definitely has the knack of finding the slickest spots on the track! Like he said, I think that everybodies jaw dropped when he came back covered in mud :eek: I'm happy to hear that everything is okay!

Glad that everybody had a good time, I know that I had a blast meeting and riding with everybody. It's fun to be able to mix it up a little bit with friends :)

Hope to see everybody next week!
Bill

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
J_Dem_Bones - Best cure for the "layoff blues" is a good ride. We'll be at Elsinore again tomorrow, come on out.

01 250f #115

Gosh dang it!! I wish I read this last night.....I would be there right now!!!
Oh well...I plan on going Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, if you guys are going to be there!! Well I did pick up a side job, so maybe it's a good thing.=)
Sounds like I'm in the same situation as you HOLESHOT. 1 1/2 laps I'm tired.....hehe.... But I have fun anyways.;)

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
PIctures are up

Pictures are downloaded, pretty cool, there are a couple unknown to me, maybe you guys can put a name to them.

There are 3 pages, nav button is top left corner of the picture page and the file is called DRN Crew

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
JPIVEY, thanks for taking all those shots. MXMom was drooling over all the ones of Matt of course. Easy to see who has the speed in my family!

It was a great day, see you all next Wednesday! Oh, by the way, Elsinore was great again today, had all three of my boys riding with me today. Sorry you missed the post Bones, we'll hook up Wednesday.

LT - glad there was no damage. We'll have to get Matt and Connor out there again. If you ever trade that big thumper in for an mx'er, you'll be dangerous! (I mean speed wise-not to yourself :p )

Ol89'r, I'm glad there's proof now to dispel all those myths about "no air" "too slow" that you like to spread about your riding! Hope we see you Wednesday for some Elsinore Grand Prix training.

Last edited:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Thanks

Those pics are great. Too bad we didn't get a group shot... maybe next time.

Cheers,

Attachments

• lvk305bsept00x.jpg
    lvk305bsept00x.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 315

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
JP.

Those are some really neat photos. I can't wait to see your dirt bike. If it is only half as trick as your camera we're all going to be in trouble. Thanks for taking your time to do that.

Ol89'r, I'm glad there's proof now to dispel all those myths about "no air" "too slow" that you like to spread about your riding!. [/B]

MXDad. What happened there was, I was so exhausted that my tongue was flapping around inside my helmet and covered my eyes so I couldn't see the take-off ramp until I was in the air.:scream: Thought it was a straight-a-way. It will never happen again.;)

LT. You look pretty comfortable in the air. Does that have anything to do with your fighter jet training. Looks like there are two new bikes in your future, one for you and one for Connor. If you think you are done with tracks, HA!

The kids looked great and AJ is awesome. Oh, to be a kid again.

Gonna try to make it out again next wednesday.:)

Ol'89r

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Ol'89r
MXDad. What happened there was, I was so exhausted that my tongue was flapping around inside my helmet and covered my eyes so I couldn't see the take-off ramp until I was in the air.:scream: Thought it was a straight-a-way. It will never happen again.;)
Ol'89r
LMAO! You KILL me!

Welcome back, LT. :cool:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

Tony W. - That pic ain't Elsinore (I'll snore).

I'll try and make it for the upcoming Wednesday, and bring my 9 year old daughter as well. She'll be trying the pee wee track on her DS80 (very conservatively - she takes after her Dad).:cool:

My goal will be to clear those two, sort of long, sort of humped, table tops on the main track (but it's only a goal).

JPIVEY - The reason you didn't see me is because I'm on a super secret mission with the CIA. I was cleverly disguised in camouflage that makes me invisible against bleak moonscapes.

Last edited:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by holeshot
Tony W. - That pic ain't Elsinore (I'll snore).

Roger that... That's Club Moto last fall. There weren't any pics of me in the gallery from this past Wednesday, so I just threw that up :-)

Not quite sure what the reference to snoring is????

Attachments

• rushmore2.jpg
    rushmore2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 272

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

Elsinore sounds like "I'll snore".

You must have gone BIG to get that pic.:confused:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Re: .

Elsinore sounds like "I'll snore".

You must have gone BIG to get that pic.:confused:

Holeshot. He went so big, he's not even in the picture. :scream:

Certain times of the year they call it Lake Smellsomemore.

Ol'89r

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
You must have gone BIG to get that pic

Oh ya, I went big.... I cracked the throttle wide open in Rapid City, and my wheels didn't hit the ground 'til Grand Junction, Colorado. All those punks jumping over houses ain't got nothing on me!

But, I confess, I didn't do that on my YZF... I was using my three wheeler.

Top Bottom