Oct 16, 2000
I noticed.......

your sporting SoCal MC Jersey
a trials tire
tube strapped to front fender
killer trails of various terrain with great views
a lady rider
lots of cool wildlife
a bitch'n 25' Eliminator Daytona on the lake (red, white and orange)
and Oh my goodness they let you use tools....... lol

Looks like a great ride Eric. Keep making post like this and I'll be on your door step before you know it.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Looks like a nice ride. I couldn't pick you out of the crowd, but I'm sure you're there. :nod:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I noticed......

Sheep! Dang, you didnt tell me there was sheep!

Good beer, good coffee, good trails, and sheep. Man if that dont sound like a riding destination, I dont know what does.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Very cool Eric. :cool:

Thanks for sharing.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Man Tony has a good eye - it's hard to tell I have a spare tube tied to my fender!
Lotta fun. The river was pretty warm and the beach sand is the fine, soft kind. The guy who sets this up every year, Nick, is a priest apparently. Met a lot of good folks even though I was initially getting some flack for being from California. Good people though.
We're about 3 weeks from closing on our first house! I'm very excited about it. Who are gonna be the first guests? The 300 is up and running.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Yeah still not sure what the deal with the deer was. Noone else knew either. One thing for sure is it was ROCKY. I've never prayed for no more rocks like I did on this ride. BROTAL! Didn't help that I'm pretty certain I have two broken little toes from the enduro a few weeks back ... still two blown up little piggies - gotta be broken if they're still swollen after three weeks. They sure fit snugly in my boot now! It's been a busy summer so far - lotta racing here as most of the riding areas start to really open up in June. I've got a break now until early October, but will probably get in a few playrides. Turns out the guy who maintains our heating/cooling system in my office rides. He saw a toy KTM on my desk and introduced himself. Hopefully he'll show me the Naches area, which is supposed to be great. I hopped on a fellow rider's CRF450X at the Iron Butt. That is a seriously sweet bike for that kind of riding. Ate rocks for breakfast! I must admit it got me thinking ...

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
For rocks, it is all about suspension valving. Less high speed compression makes a big difference.

There is a guy up that way that works magic on KTMs for rocks. It is Pete at Novation suspension (I think it is kown as NOST now). I inherited some Novation when I bought Angry Jim's old '02 race bike, and it is some good stuff. Very plush on the rocks and roots, but still good on the bigger hits.

One of my buddies also has Novation on his KTM and loves it.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I've definitely heard of NOST before - I think from KIWI. I believe he's a fan. Thanks for the tip Dave. NOST sounds like pretty incredible stuff.

Booda

Aug 6, 2008
Howdy SoCalers

Man its been ages since Ive seen the likes of you guys. Heck Eel is even living in Seattle now too? I saw the picks their Eel that looks like the area just across the bridge from the Dalles. Im thinking we all need a road trip up that way soon.

Good to see you all again Ter, Tony and the rest of the Crew or at least those that remeber this old returned soul.

Rich

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Booda said:
Good to see you all again Ter, Tony and the rest of the Crew or at least those that remeber this old returned soul.
Rich

Hell. I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday. :whoa: But, I remember you Rich. How ya doin'? Good to see you found your way back. :cool:

Terry.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Rich - We never forget the good guys. We should try to plan a group ride as soon as it starts to cool down. I miss hanging out with everyone.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Yea, we need to plan a good get together ride, then rub Eric's nose in it. :p A Seattle road trip sounds cool, literally. Head up when we are shut down here from heat.

Hey Rich, miss ya, havent heard from you for a good bit. Hows things?

Leaving for 10 full days in Maui tomorrow. Cant wait! Should be fun, but Im a little scared... Who knows what dangerous waters the captain will lead us to??? The Captain was in full control on the last river trip, got interesting. ;) Sailing with the same crew to Maui. :yikes:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Well its good to be back. After a tough divorce Im ready to get back into riding again.

Terry, its good to see you are all healed up and riding. I know its been a while but are you 100%?

Tony, Im more than reasy for riding. If it dont cool down there is always KMeadows. I looked at the previous thread and saw I missed out on a good time on the 4th. I guess I was a month off and missed it but I wont be missing it next year.

Chris, hows the family? Is your wife riding circles around you yet? Im thinking the kids are a bit bigger now and dad is busy doing more rides with the kids lately? Have fun in Maui Im jealous!

Wheres Scar and Ed are they still around or did they ship them off to Iceland? :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Boodac said:
Well its good to be back. After a tough divorce Im ready to get back into riding again.

Terry, its good to see you are all healed up and riding. I know its been a while but are you 100%?
:

Sorry to hear about the divorce.

I don't think I've ever been 100% :whoa: but I'm healthy again and back riding.

Haven't heard from scar but Ed pops in from time to time.

We really do need to put an old fashion crew ride together pretty soon. :nod: Those were fun times. :yeehaw:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Eel, I drove right by you on Saturday! We're up in Mt. Vernon visiting my daughter! The Katoom is at home gathering dust! I think once I get back home I'll be servicing the forks, checking the jetting, and learning how to ride again so I can join you clowns!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
No kidding! There's a very cool riding area there called Walker Valley. Are you still in town?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
the Eel said:
No kidding! There's a very cool riding area there called Walker Valley. Are you still in town?

We'll be visiting the Seattle zoo tomorrow with family, then Sunday we'll be heading home. I'd love to meet up, but I have this person with me called a 'wife' who is keeping me on a very short leash!

At least I've been able to try some nice micro-brews while I'm here!
Man, that bridge we crossed from Portland into Vancouver was impressive! ;)

Top Bottom