MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
for an 98 KDX 200, I'm sure someone here has stripped thiers off cause it's just dead weight, but I'd like to have one again and my bike didnt' come with it.

I only need the top part and the cable.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Good Luck

I looked for one for quite awhile. Despite several 'I'll get back to you's from the '4 sale/wanted' board, I ended up with nada.

Have you considered the Panoram (avail at rocky mountain among others I'm sure)? It's a computer..has all the basic stuff...max mph, avg mph, total miles traveled etc etc.

I finally did get an odo. Some kind, gracious, conscientious individual put the miles back in my smiles.

Thanks dan!!

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
I have a GPS and that works out OK but wanted one just to have it :) Kinda make the bike compete again.

Oct 3, 2000
I bought the TrailTech Panorama from Rockey Mountain for $67.

I've only been out with it on the bike once so far - it worked well except for the fact that I put three magnets in the rotor for better pick-up resolution. Good idea - bad calculation:( I am going to try two magnets next.

With the three the unit would go zonkers after 53mph:confused: !

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: better resolution

That's funny! Gee...how exact do you want it to be? Doesn't it all go out the window with your front wheel (probably) being off the ground a good bit of the time?

With three pickups in a 21" wheel...that would equate to what? A single pickup on a 7" wheel? Maybe trailtech didn't figure their 'puter would be used on a red ryder wagon???:eek:

Three magnets would make the balance nice, though!

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
lol, you shouldn't need more than one.

And it would be no different than the mechanical. I have the front wheel up alot too and it also wouldn't be accurate for the times I'm sliding down the trail on some other part of the bike.

-MD

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
I don't know... What's a fair price ? I havn't called fredette yet for a used one and I'm scared to even ask at the dealership :)

Mike Hubert

Apr 22, 2001
I checked with my dealer and you are right, that's no place to buy an odometer, list price is $103.88 without the cable. I will double check my old parts box to make sure the odometer and cable are still kicking around and if so you can have them for $35 and I will pay shipping.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom