ShOoMhEaD

Apr 14, 2009
I am 20 years old, 6'2 and 160 pounds. Currently in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii, so I'm mostly going to be doing trail riding for now, am planning on moving to California after my term is up though. (why in the sticky does it ask if you live in Cali?) I've ridin smaller trail bikes before for around 5 years, and now I've been riding my r6 on street for around 3 years, so I'm not afraid of power and decently experienced on 2 wheels. Have always had Yamaha's and lean towards them, looking at the yzf 250, not stuck on it if anyone has any other suggestions.

May 10, 2007
the sticky (which if you fill out it will help us as it is very easy to read and find the info) asks because CA has tough emmission laws governing when bikes can be ridden ETC. as i dont like in CA i dont know the details but i do know that a "green" sticker can be used all year long while a "red" sticker can only be used at certain times.

ShOoMhEaD

Apr 14, 2009
1) 6'2 160
2) very physical/ agressive
3) couple of tracks, mostly trails
4) 5 years dirts
5) no racing
6) simple stuff I will do any actual engine work i will have done
7) lean towards yamaha 4 stroke, but not stuck
8) probly gona buy used, but all dealers are around
9) 2-3500
10) no, maby in a lil while
11) 20

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
A yz 250f would be a good choice for your weight and experience but the power of a 450 might not be too much but it can be on the dirt. I'd say find a good 250f. Learn and practice it. Decide what you want from there.

ShOoMhEaD

Apr 14, 2009
do you think that a yz 250 2-stroke would be a bad choice if I get a good deal on one compared to a 250f? Mainly since I'm going to be on trails mostly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom