Looking at Gas Gasser's / Few questions

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
You should be happy with the smooth running XC/EC motor - little vibration when compared to a KTM. I think the lighting coil on the XC is 60W...

jeff
'01 gasgas ec300 w/ ohlins forks
lt-racing.com GasGas Performance Products and Services

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Hey Mikeb, I have rode a friends 99 ec 250 It is fast, And has a rock hard seat. And the suspension is stiff. But, that is compaired to my kdx 225. Maintaince is not one of his strong points. But the gg keeps on going! I guess the main reason for my post is to come out of the closet... No not what you all are thinking :scream: It's Just the fact that I went and bought a new YZ 125 last week :D I have more mx tracks than than trails in my area! Now I have to sell the KDX :( Good luck with your bike search. Darin

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
My GAWD boy have you lost your mind? :scream: A YZ 125? You got good medical insurance? I think I will stick to slow paced cow trails and leave that MX Stuff up to you yunguns!.

Youre gonna be at DW02 aint ya?

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Originally posted by WoodsRider
The Summer Bummer is less than two months away. ;)

I have just a few modifications to make and I will be there. And as a side note, so will my son. It will be, finally, his first enduro. :)

Any chance you will make and appearance ??

Mully

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
I'm still Mulling around ( Ha a pun ) Going to DW 02. I'm sure the closer it gets the more I will want to go. I'm still slow on the YZ. I have gone through more plugs the first day, than the two years I've had my KDX :silly:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
YUP. WatCMoto is right I went wiht a KTM 2fitty. I really like the bike and parts are not an issue with it. That issue kinda scared me away form the GasGas for now. I stil have several buddies that have one and they swear by them. I have ridden a few and the EC300 is one STRONG 2 stroke for the woods. I am sure you cant go wrong as long as proper maintenance is done on either brand.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Its like a fourstroke yzf-250 down low, and a yz250 on top, its amazing. A great ride and a great buy for anybody. Kinda wish id bought it instead of my honda cr250r, The power is just soo smooth. Buy a gasagas.

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
I just came off a XC 250 2001 after 2.5 years. It is one of the most tune-able bikes there is. Extremely reliable. Parts prices are are not out of line. Alot of basics like bearings, seals, brakes, air filters, etc. interchange from other modles of jap bikes. Very easy to work on. Trail side jetting is very simple. The difference between the 250 and 300 requires different riding technique. If you ride a 300 like a 250 you will find yourself in the trees. If you ride a 250 like a 300 you will find yourself short changed. The 250 has alot of power and will pull tall gears with no problem, it just requires a bit more activity with the left hand when going up hills and out of turns in a high gear.

But I've recently went to something else and WILL NOT SAY (for LAWMANS benefit) what that Killer-Technologicol-Mojo is ;-)

TPbeMe

Dec 2, 2000
If you find that you just can't live without a new Gas-Gas in the garage... Jim Cook of Smackover Motor Sports still has a few new-in-box 2003 ECs and DEs in stock (the DE "Dealer Edition," is the new designation for the earlier XC). Either model is going for $5,100.00!

As for performance...

I've been spoiled by my EC 300; its juice clutch is second to none; the handling is nimble and precise; and the quality is more than I expected. All-in-all, Gas-Gas is probably one of the best kept secrets going.

Happy Trails,

Tom P.
2003 EC 300
2000 DRZ 400E (And I don't even miss the button!)

Top Bottom