Dark973

Mar 23, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important): 150lbs 5 8 20 years old
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? I can be fairly aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Woods, Fields, Friends, Gravel pits, Sand pits.
4) Do you have any riding experience? I mountain bike almost everyday, I've been on a sorta small 90cc dirtbike (I think it was designed for like 10 year olds.) and I can handle it very well.
5) Do you think you will race ? Doubt it
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Never worked on a bike, but I can do general mantance on my car.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Suzuki / 4 (however this is still up in the air)
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Suzuki/honda/yamaha/polaris
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? Suzuki I have $5000 limit, other brands less.
10) Do you live in California? no

Ok, I am fairly new on the dirt bike thing, I have used 4-wheelers (got a honda recon) and I mountain bike so I know how to work trails and such, however I've never really been on a good sized bike. The one I have been on is sorta small (Yamaha TT-R90E I think) but I can handle it very well and I really don't have that much problem with it except it is small. But after riding that I am really pumped about maybe getting one that is more my size.

Now, I have a Suzuki Card with $5000 on it and I can get decent deals on Suzuki stuff (As I've always done suzuki dealings in the past and I have loved everything I've got from them) So I was looking at Suzuki bikes. the one that I've been told would be a great entry level bike for me is the DR-Z125L. How is this bike? Now I haven't sat on the bike yet (I will later today when I look at the dealership) but my friend said he had on when he was more my size (he is now like 240 and 6 3) and he loved it.

Also how is it to maintain these things. I'd assume it would be like a 4-wheeler, would I be right? I'm not really into doing a ton of mods also, unless they are fairly cheap so something that is good stock would be great.

Also how do these things do with water? One of the best places around here is a sandcreek and water is very common, I'd assume it would handle water fine, but I am not entirely sure.. don't want to go into water only to find I have killed the bike!

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2007
The DRZ125L is really really tiny. I am your height and it is hard having your knees at your head. A better first time bike from Suzuki would be the DRZ250 for it has electric start and a taller seat.

Dark973

Mar 23, 2007
Alright, Ya, I got on the bike and it was sorta short. I also got to get on the DR200SE it is a 2006 and I can get it for 2700 so that seems to be a good deal. How is that bike? Is it worth getting a street legal dirt bike?

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Dark973 said:
Alright, Ya, I got on the bike and it was sorta short. I also got to get on the DR200SE it is a 2006 and I can get it for 2700 so that seems to be a good deal. How is that bike? Is it worth getting a street legal dirt bike?

unless you plan to ride it on the street a good bit, itll destroy your tires and it will add a lot of unnecessary weight, plus, the street-legal version is more expensive. only get the dual-sport if youll actually be using it on asphalt, otherwise you wont have any fun once you switch.

Top Bottom