Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Wolverine has been canceled, so I'm looking for another ride on Sunday. Preferrably within a 3-4 hour drive of SE Michigan.

Is the Gladwin north loop open? Is it worthwhile (have never ridden it).

Thanks...

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
looks like there'll be 9 or 10 of us at Evart - sb there abt 11AM (new time) - remember to set the clock back.

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
I plan on riding in Muskegon in the morning. Either Cedar or Holton/Horseshoe. I'm only 15 minutes away, so sometime in the morning I plan on heading out that way. I don't think I actually met you at Trailfest, but you got a picture of my kid peeking his head out the camper to check with mom to see if he can ride his bike yet.

picture

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Joe. Digger and I are going to be out riding somewhere tomorrow. Might be latter in the afternoon. Hes spending the night at a friends. When he comes home (whenever that is) Im gonna head out. I was thinking Holton or Horseshoe or both.

Got Diggers lighting coil for his 100 in and wired up tonight. Holly cow that bike has some lighting. Makes my X look like a flickering candle in comparison. 100 watt stator with (2) 35 watt bulbs and one 20 watt bulb. Its plenty bright. I may have to steal that for some night riding of my own.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks everyone.... Looks like I'm going to the Caberfae area with some local hotshot yahoos.... not real sure where this is, other than near Caberfae Ski Resort. Anyone have more specific directions on the "Caberfae area parking lot"? I've got north off M-55 between M-37 and M-115, on Caberfae Road (leading to the resort). :think:

E_Langen

Jun 25, 2000
Smit-Dog said:
Thanks everyone.... Looks like I'm going to the Caberfae area with some local hotshot yahoos.... not real sure where this is, other than near Caberfae Ski Resort. Anyone have more specific directions on the "Caberfae area parking lot"? I've got north off M-55 between M-37 and M-115, on Caberfae Road (leading to the resort). :think:

CCC trail system map shows the parking lot at the NW corner of the M55 and Caberfae Rd. intersection. Getting there link.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:

Yep thats pretty much it. Sounds like your staging at the snowmobile staging area. Your right on with your directions. As soon as you turn onto Caberfae road (there is a big sign there) the staging area is directly to your right about 50 yards north of 55.

Have a good time. Those are some nice trails up around there. Depending on how far north you get the trails north of 115 are pretty nice.

Boon has gas and food if you need to top off.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
An epic ride today.... Crisp, blue skies, and a slipperly, gnarly trail that was completely covered in wet leaves, sticks, and logs. Big fun!

Thanks for the ride!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
How was the log situation out there smitty??? I help maintain that trail. Always like to hear a downed tree report when I can.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
We rode 17 miles out from staging, then back again. Not sure what direction it was, or where we stopped and turned back. If you can figure that out....

There were a handful of large downed branches and trees covering the trail. A lot of little (1" - 5") trees / branches covering the trail, but they were pretty flat, low, and perpendicular across the trail so weren't a problem.

I thought the trail was a blast to ride... (other than the whooped out sections). Gotta watch out for the stumps too, or it may cost you a tweaked handlebar...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
How was the log situation out there smitty??? I help maintain that trail. Always like to hear a downed tree report when I can.

I'd guess you got 10 trees to remove.

Top Bottom