kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Riding Spots

I live just down the 14 from you in Valencia. I am always looking to go ride. Kiwi also lives in Valencia. Old 89er, when do you organize these rides? Keep me in the loop.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
'goat: may I suggest the BB ride be moved up; it's been a dry year, & like the old guy I don't want to see those two bright, white buldges reflecting the sun & blinding us yet again this year:eek:

diesel: Action - sure! You're not far from Rowher Flats, but you musta already been there, done that. Gorman/LPNF trails? Try TWMC's monthly enduros, usually held in a different part of the dez every month. This fourm is a good start.

Ballinger: fine spot to spend a day. Been there twice; both times for enduros. Kinda like NoCa riding, tight single track - lots of fun. Best to go after a rain or during the wetter part of the year. Takes a round-about drive to get there, tho, but that means you'd have it to yourself.

'ol49 sez: You are right about the single track up in the pine trees. I love the look on the new guys faces when we take them down 'The Slide'. That is the big sand hill that when you are at the top, you can't see the bottom. A little too much front brake and over you go. Also, when you are part way down, you can't go back up.
Been there, years ago. A local & I went down this sand hill. There is certainly no way back up. We eventually came upon the caretaker, who had to let us out via the main gate, not a few miles away! He wasn't angry whatsoever; just wanted to know how we ended up at the tree line. There's a heard of wild horses running within the fencing.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by IM12RSPCT
Ol 89er, Yeah the Rasor road exit before you get to Baker. Gas station on the right, trail to the left. Ever been there?

Rode through there a few times on the way from Barstow to Vegas. That was one of our fuel stops on the B to V.

kelsorat. Keep an eye on the places to ride forum and also the SoCal Wrecking crew sub forum. Upcoming rides will be announced there. You are more than welcome to join us. We are always looking for new people and places.
A lot of people organize the rides and some of them just happen.

Placelast. John, be careful if you happen to go down that hill again. There is a new guy living in the place at the end of the canyon and he's not so frendly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom