Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I am hoping that maybe someone can help here. I am currently using the stock (N3vf - top clip \ leanest position) Yamaha needle and would like to get some additional needles that would allow me to have the same jetting (and possibly even an additional needle with 1\2 clip difference), but would allow the needle clip to stay in the middle position. I have tried using James Dean's spreadsheet, but have been unable find the necessary conversions. I have also had no luck in contacting James via e-mail. Does anyone know what needle what fit this bill.

The bike is a 98, yz250 with a 38mm Keihin PWM carb.

Last edited:

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Hmm, in my Sudco catalog the needle chart lists these ranges for needles for a 38mm PWM carb:
taper: A-G
L1 length: C-F
diameter: A-Q

But you say yours is a N3VF. It totally doesn't fall in line with what is listed here. Probably best to just order one from your dealer and then buy or make a 1/2 clip height washer. (I forgot where I saw those listed)

jorigo

Feb 28, 2006
N3VF needle

Lorin said:
I am hoping that maybe someone can help here. I am currently using the stock (N3vf - top clip \ leanest position) Yamaha needle and would like to get some additional needles that would allow me to have the same jetting (and possibly even an additional needle with 1\2 clip difference), but would allow the needle clip to stay in the middle position. I have tried using James Dean's spreadsheet, but have been unable find the necessary conversions. I have also had no luck in contacting James via e-mail. Does anyone know what needle what fit this bill.

The bike is a 98, yz250 with a 38mm Keihin PWM carb.

Hi Lorin, i saw an old post of the conversion for the N3VF needle, i have these needle in my yamaha, but i cant figure how to convert it to use in the JD Jetting spreadsheet, maybe you do it and know a equivalence of this f****ng needle
thanks in advance
greetings from Chile.

Top Bottom